DJI Pilot App not Connecting Phantom 3
1701 10 2015-7-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gibson_todd
New

United States

I've had my phantom 3 professional for about 2 weeks.  Have flown it a few times and really like it.  I've flown a few other quadcopters in the past so I'm not completely new to this.  I have still been extremely careful so far.  Some may even say overly cautious.  No crashes.

I went to fly the other day and went through my preflight checklist.   Armed the motors and they sound fine, GPS lock is good and remote is linked to the quadcopter (green liight on remote).  Fire up the pilot app on my iPhone 6 and it won't connect.  Just get the disconnected message at the top of the screen.  Also, I don't get the 'trust this computer' message that I was getting.

Any ideas what to try?

2015-7-30
Use props
Rigworker
Second Officer
Flight distance : 52303 ft
Canada

Some have mentioned starting things in a different order. Personally, i start the remote, then the app and then the phantom.  For me, app, remote and phantom also works.  The phantom, for me, is always last.
2015-7-30
Use props
gibson_todd
New

United States

Rigworker Posted at 2015-7-30 23:38
Some have mentioned starting things in a different order. Personally, i start the remote, then the a ...

Thank you.  I think I've tried every possible order.  I'll give this a try again though.

I'm leaning towards an issue with the USB port.  I've tried different cables and a table with no luck.
2015-7-30
Use props
evolution.weddi
lvl.1

Brazil

gibson_todd Posted at 2015-7-30 23:46
Thank you.  I think I've tried every possible order.  I'll give this a try again though.

I'm lean ...

i have the same problem. p3p with disconnected message on iphone 6
2015-7-30
Use props
DMB2015
lvl.2

Canada

I always start remote, app, then bird. Opposite order for turning off.  I have had some connection issues, but have simply unplugged my ipad from the remote, then plugged it back in and it connects.
2015-7-30
Use props
timswimm
DJI team

Hong Kong

Did you fly with this device before? Do you have jailbreak in your phone
2015-7-30
Use props
gibson_todd
New

United States

evolution.weddi Posted at 2015-7-31 03:33
i have the same problem. p3p with disconnected message on iphone 6

Let me know if you figure out anything.  At this point I'm thinking about returning it.
2015-8-2
Use props
gibson_todd
New

United States

timswimm Posted at 2015-7-31 11:58
Did you fly with this device before? Do you have jailbreak in your phone

I flew it s few times without any issues.   The iphone is not jailbroken.   Not sure what changed.
2015-8-2
Use props
gibson_todd
New

United States

DMB2015 Posted at 2015-7-31 03:47
I always start remote, app, then bird. Opposite order for turning off.  I have had some connection i ...

I've tried unplugging the iphone and plugging it back in without any luck.  Frustrating.
2015-8-2
Use props
evolution.weddi
lvl.1

Brazil

gibson_todd Posted at 2015-8-3 03:54
Let me know if you figure out anything.  At this point I'm thinking about returning it.

Return it is the better choice, but i’m in Brazil, so difficult to do this. I will try to upgrade using the hdmi module board and see what happens.
2015-8-3
Use props
gibson_todd
New

United States

evolution.weddi Posted at 2015-8-3 19:58
Return it is the better choice, but i’m in Brazil, so difficult to do this. I will try to upgrade ...

Hope you are able to get it worked out.  

Shipped mine back today.  Was disappointing.  I really liked it and enjoyed the few times I was able to fly it.  Just to expensive to have and not be working properly.
2015-8-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules