Incorrect Date on Files and Flight Restrictions
1027 3 2021-10-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
droney_baloney
lvl.4
Flight distance : 486 ft
United States

Hello, Looking for some hlep with an issue I tried to have repaired a few months ago. I fly a Phantom 4 Pro+ Obsidian and was having a lot of issues with software bugs. One that was previously odd and has now become a real issue with reliability is that the drone seems to have its clock set in the future. The files on the SDXC card show a date created as "tomorrow at XX:XX AM/PM" rather than the actual date they were taken. Recently I also had an issue where there was a TFR for two days in the future in the area I was flying (it was the 7th and the TFR went into affect on the 9th) and yet the drone would not take off (no other flight restrictions - checked via Skyvector, Airmap, DJI Geozone map, UAV Forecast, etc.). I tried restarting the controller and drone as well as connecting the controller to my phone's hotspot. Nothing worked. I think this issue also may be related to the file creation date/the drones clock. Is there any way to change the clock that may be causing this issue/any other tips for resolving this?

2021-10-9
Use props
droney_baloney
lvl.4
United States

Update: I just disalbed all of the auto features in terms of time and date and entered them manually. Not sure why the drone thought I was halfway across the world and in a different time and date but this seems to be a workaround for now.
2021-10-9
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

droney_baloney Posted at 10-9 12:01
Update: I just disalbed all of the auto features in terms of time and date and entered them manually. Not sure why the drone thought I was halfway across the world and in a different time and date but this seems to be a workaround for now.

The aircraft gets is time and date from GPS, also its current position, so if you were running it indooors, that might account for the discrepancy.
2021-10-9
Use props
droney_baloney
lvl.4
United States

Geebax Posted at 10-9 13:30
The aircraft gets is time and date from GPS, also its current position, so if you were running it indooors, that might account for the discrepancy.

I appreciate the reply. Out of hundreds of flights with this drone, I've only flown inside once around 2 years ago. The other day I was attempting to fly above a farm. The wrong file creation time has been an issue for many flights and I almost always have GPS signal unless I'm flying between skyscrapers. Wonder what else could be causing it...
2021-10-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules