Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Air 2s “RC Not Connected to Mobile Device”
175 9 10-10 10:13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jRiddell
lvl.1
Flight distance : 439232 ft
United States

Hello everyone!

My DJI Air 2s will not connect to my 12.9" iPad Pro. The Air 2s is updated to the latest firmware, and the iPad is on iOS 15.0.1. The drone connects just fine to my iPhone. It never used to do this, just one day it randomly wouldn't connect. It is not the cable or the controller port because the USB-C to USB-C cable works on other devices and the controller works with my iPhone.

Has anyone encountered this issue? Does anyone have a solution?

Thank you all for your time and help

10-10 10:13
Use props
DJI Stephen
Super Moderator

Hello there jRiddell. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please uninstall and reinstall the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ) and kindly please try using a different cable if you have an extra one to connect the said DJI Remote Controller to the said mobile device for us to be able to isolate the said issue. If the issue persist, I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We have a team that will do there best to help and will give out the best resolution for this issue. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.
10-10 19:37
Use props
jRiddell
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-10 19:37
Hello there jRiddell. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please uninstall and reinstall the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ) and kindly please try using a different cable if you have an extra one to connect the said DJI Remote Controller to the said mobile device for us to be able to isolate the said issue. If the issue persist, I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We have a team that will do there best to help and will give out the best resolution for this issue. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.

Stephen,

Thank you for the aid. Unfortunately, neither of those worked.

I did as you suggested: uninstalled and reinstalled the app  and used a different cable.

The controller has never worked with a different USB-C to USB-C cable by the way.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks
10-11 08:35
Use props
DJI Stephen
Super Moderator

jRiddell Posted at 10-11 08:35
Stephen,

Thank you for the aid. Unfortunately, neither of those worked.

Hi there jRiddell. Thank you for the reply and for these information that you have given. Since you have done several troubleshooting steps to fix the said issue and still the issue persist.  It would be best to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We will do there best to evaluate the said DJI drone and will give out the best resolution for this issue. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.
10-14 22:07
Use props
jRiddell
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-14 22:07
Hi there jRiddell. Thank you for the reply and for these information that you have given. Since you have done several troubleshooting steps to fix the said issue and still the issue persist.  It would be best to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We will do there best to evaluate the said DJI drone and will give out the best resolution for this issue. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.

Stephen,

I have spoken with DJI Support and, quite frankly, they were of no help. After we went through everything they gave up and said there is nothing they can do.

This is very frustrating. I have had nothing but good things to say about DJI, and the drone has performed amazingly.

I do not mean to sound rude. I’m just disappointed that the customer service employee simply gave up.

How do I proceed?
10-14 22:22
Use props
GaryDoug
Captain
Flight distance : 1122201 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just because your cable works with other devices or peripherals does not mean it can necessarily work with this application. There are subtle differences that may work on some devices and not others. Have you tried a new cable? Also, it is entirely possible that the connector on your device is faulty.
10-14 22:29
Use props
jRiddell
lvl.1
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 10-14 22:29
Just because your cable works with other devices or peripherals does not mean it can necessarily work with this application. There are subtle differences that may work on some devices and not others. Have you tried a new cable?

I have tried the stock DJI cable, as well as: Apple, Logix and Belkin.

The stock DJI cable still works with other devices, which indicates it is not the cable.

Thank you for taking time to reply. Do you have other suggestions? Much appreciated.
10-14 22:31
Use props
GaryDoug
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Well, I would suspect the connector on your device or the software that controls it. Sorry, I can't help more. Try a hardware reset of the device?
10-14 22:33
Use props
jRiddell
lvl.1
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 10-14 22:33
Well, I would suspect the connector on your device or the software that controls it. Sorry, I can't help more.

The connector on the iPad is functioning normally, so is the one on the controller because it works with other devices.

Thank you for your time. If you think of anything else or find a solution, please share with me.
10-14 22:34
Use props
GaryDoug
Captain
  • >>>
United States

OK. IOs15 just came out 4 days ago, didn't it? I know nothing about Apple products, but maybe it's not supported yet by DJI?
10-14 22:39
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules