Suitability of tablet? for Mini 2
477 3 2021-10-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jeffminnesota
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1134226 ft
United States

I would like to use a larger tablet than my iPhone SE 2020 with my Mavic Mini 2, which works fine, but provides a smaller image than I would like.  When I use my iPad Mini 5th generation, I get a message:  "Mobile device CPU fully loaded.   Related performance will be affected."  And it seems that sometimes the image is sometimes pixelated, or blurry, or lags a bit.  Does anybody know what that message means, and if there is a iPad Mini that would work flawlessly.  The next generation would be the recently released 6th generation.
Or is there any way to improve utility of the 5th generation?  It is a Wifi only, and used out of range of any wifi.
2021-10-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there jeffminnesota. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to check if you could limit the capacity of video cache that would save in the application and enable the automatically delete the old cache. In addition, the DJI Fly application will test the usage of the mobile device's CPU. When the CPU is overloaded, decoding of transmission and flight communication system may be affected and the device will get hot. Kindly please try to switch the mobile device to Airplane Mode to see if the issue will still persist. Thank you.
2021-10-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here is a handy list of tablets that can be used for DJI Go and Fly Apps.  Hope it will help.
2021-10-12
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Ipad Mini is the very best tablet to use. Just ignor the message about the CPU fully loaded it is never a problem. Just click on it and it goes away.

Alternatively buy a second hand Iphone 6S + they are excellent as a bespoke screen for DJI drones
2021-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules