REMOTE ID SERIAL NUMBER for the Mavic air?
5659 4 2021-10-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Krupman
New

United States

TRYING TO UPDATE MY REGISTRATION WITH FAA FOR MY MAVIC AIR AND THEY WANT A REMOTE ID SERIAL NUMBER. DOESI HAVE ONE, I CAN'T SEEM TO FIND IT.

2021-10-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There are no remote iDs yet.  they are not out yet.
2021-10-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This might also help -
2021-10-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Krupman. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. For DJI drones already purchased, it is DJI’s hope to be able to provide software updates to its drones to make them compliant with Remote ID.

However, DJI must await finalization of technical requirements within the industry before determining which specific products it can upgrade via software updates to perform Remote ID. We may also need to prioritize the technical work for products that are being newly released in 2022, and that are still most popularly in use in mid-2023, which may be different from products being used today.

Regardless, the FAA will permit an add-on modules to perform Remote ID in the event DJI is unable to upgrade some of its drone products. For new drone products, during the next year, DJI will work to enable its products meet applicable Remote ID requirements by the relevant deadline.​ Thank you for your understanding and support. Thank you.
2021-10-12
Use props
nigel_horne
New

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2021-10-12 20:57
Hello there Krupman. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. For DJI drones already purchased, it is DJI’s hope to be able to provide software updates to its drones to make them compliant with Remote ID.

However, DJI must await finalization of technical requirements within the industry before determining which specific products it can upgrade via software updates to perform Remote ID. We may also need to prioritize the technical work for products that are being newly released in 2022, and that are still most popularly in use in mid-2023, which may be different from products being used today.

It's nearly a year on.  Is the remote-id technology now available for a Mavic Air, and if so where to I get it?
2022-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules