1.4.4 (1072) vs 1.4.8 (1185) vs 1.4.12 (1410)
750 7 2021-10-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EnjoyFlying
lvl.3
United States

I am new to DJI, and I picked up my Mini 2 bundle from Costco in August.  I have been flying it within 1000 feet or so, and have lost connection a couple times (while I was on 1.4.8 1120).  Then I came across the Fly app issues on here and have researched more.  I switched onto 1.4.12 for a few days and ditched it simply because the led + other issues, and then I took the efforts to find the 1.4.4 (1072).  

So, i was able to do some comparison with it against the 1.4.8 (1185), on a 1500 feet flying distance, and the results were about the same except that i did run into a slight vid lagging with 1.4.8.  During the flights, i focused on the "Transmission" tab and noticed more activities and bigger slopes in 1.4.4 while the graph is quite flat and updated less frequently in 1.4.8.  

I am currently set on 1.4.4 for the flight/signals stablility - please chime in your thoughts between 1072 and 1185, highly appreciate all input.  Also, can anyone with Oneplus 9 chime in your Fly app version and experience, would be very helpful, TIA!!

So, my question are
  1) More activities, ie more slopes across the screen, meaning more signals, right?
  2) The green slopes meaning strong signal whereas the yellow/reddish ones meaning weak signals, right?
  3) Which one is better between one with more GREEN slopes and one with a almost flat GREEN line with a couple small humps?

I see lot of ppl don't know where to get some of the older DJI Fly apps, which can be found at this youtube link

- https://youtu.be/fJwAtQ8dNBE   * Hugh Thanks to the YouTuber *  

DJI - keep up good products and services

2021-10-15
Use props
EnjoyFlying
lvl.3
United States

A little update - upon more researching on the "Transmission Graph", the more slopes meaning more interferences, therefore I'll try out the 1185 instead of 1072
2021-10-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Still waiting for 1.4.12 to be released.
2021-10-16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

EnjoyFlying Posted at 10-15 16:10
A little update - upon more researching on the "Transmission Graph", the more slopes meaning more interferences, therefore I'll try out the 1185 instead of 1072

1.4.12 (1420) now available for Android users.
2021-10-17
Use props
EnjoyFlying
lvl.3
United States

A little update on my 1.4.8 (1185) - Flying it in the park yesterday, for one battery length of time (about 20 mins), to snap some pics/vids of the Fall color around me, so it wasn't far away at all.  Everything was smooth and good, but there was an app crash (app closing out on its own) right after I snapped a picture of myself.  It got reconnected as soon as I fired back up the app and then there wasn't any hiccup at all.

With that crash, I think it might have something to do with the "HD Picture instant sync" and possibly the "Cache Videoing" too.  So, I have re-installed the 1.4.4 (1072) and will do more testing later.  
2021-10-26
Use props
gdfaini
lvl.3
Flight distance : 531955 ft
United States

I had several app crashes with 1.4.8.  Went back to 1.4.4. No problems except loss of video feed once, but I was near power lines. Power lines seem to always cause control issues.
2021-11-3
Use props
EnjoyFlying
lvl.3
United States

fansecea83b8 Posted at 11-3 07:12
I had several app crashes with 1.4.8.  Went back to 1.4.4. No problems except loss of video feed once, but I was near power lines. Power lines seem to always cause control issues.

Things that i learned to do to maintain good transmission:

1) Airplane mode has to be ON.  With cell data/wifi on, I can see "more" inferences in the transmission chart.  So, I always turn on Airplane before flying now.

2) Turning OFF the "HD photo sync" and "Cache Recording", I feel that they do put extra loads on the mobile device, and in my case the app would crash out to Home screen.  Still a theory and I am still testing it out, but so far have not encountered app crashing yet (on 1.4.4)       .

Just my 2 cents and hope everyone can chime in more tips, cheers  
2021-11-3
Use props
gdfaini
lvl.3
Flight distance : 531955 ft
United States

I turned off HD photo  syncing and video cache before my last flight, however I decided to turn HD photo syncing back on so I won't lose all of my pictures in case of a catastrophic loss.
2021-11-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules