Raw Panorama
1540 4 2021-10-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JohnAven
lvl.3
United States

I'm using Darktable to convert the 4 dng files to 16 bit tif's for Hugin.  I'm noticing that the first file is 5119 x 5119.  The subsequent 3 files are 4608 x 3456.  If I look at the jpg's ftom the Pocket 2, all 4 files are 4608 x 3456. Hugin is doing an excellent job stitching the tif's together, but I'm puzzled why the first file is a different resolution. The reason I ask is, I would like to do the same thing with Freewell anamorphic images.  But I don't know how to de-squeeze with 2 different resolutions.  Any thoughts? Stretch them both proportionally?
2021-10-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there JohnAven. Good day and thank you for reaching out. Since this is a 3rd party software to edit your captured footage from your DJI Pocket 2. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI members who uses the said 3rd party software and with regards to this matter. Thank you.
2021-10-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I have not tried pano's with the P2 yet.
Have you tried DNG output?
2021-10-18
Use props
JohnAven
lvl.3
United States

Works really well with dng files.  Hugin software is free and will stitch high resolution images perfectly.  However, it will not accept dng files.  That's where Darktable software come in.  It is used to convert the dng files to 16 bit tif files which Hugin can use.  Hugin can be set to run Darktable via command line automatically. Batch process.  
Btw, the pocket 2 also puts out high quality jpg's along with the dng files.  Hugin will accept jpg's without the help of Darktable.  

2021-10-19
Use props
JohnAven
lvl.3
United States

I might do a tutorial if I get a chance.
2021-10-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules