20419 30 2021-10-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Michele990
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17982 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Comparation CE MODE vs FCC MODE, how do you think?

2021-10-19
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

Can you summarize in a few lines of text? I don't spend time on lengthy, self-imposing brag videos.
2021-10-19
Use props
droneriffledchi
lvl.2

Latvia

FFC is not allowed in Europe I think not to interfere with other equipment, so essentially bypassing the restriction of the app (which I assume is going on in this video) your are likely breaking the law and thus hurting every other drone user there is as it will make countries limit drone flying even more if this becomes more common.
2021-10-19
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

droneriffledchi Posted at 10-19 06:39
FFC is not allowed in Europe I think not to interfere with other equipment, so essentially bypassing the restriction of the app (which I assume is going on in this video) your are likely breaking the law and thus hurting every other drone user there is as it will make countries limit drone flying even more if this becomes more common.

FFC is not prohibited in Europe! FCC might be it though!
2021-10-19
Use props
Pinarek
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41191 ft

Germany

As far as I have read, it is technically not possible in Germany to use FCC, because the RC controller only enables CE.
Another radio chip would have to be built into the controller.
2021-10-19
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Pinarek Posted at 10-19 14:08
As far as I have read, it is technically not possible in Germany to use FCC, because the RC controller only enables CE.
Another radio chip would have to be built into the controller.

Incorrect, it works on GPS location, the controller just reduces power for CE countries, there are methods that circumvent this power loss
2021-10-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Michele990. Good day and thank you for sharing this video that you have created. Again, thank you for your support and have a nice day.
2021-10-19
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Johnny_J Posted at 10-19 06:43
FFC is not prohibited in Europe!

Perhaps not Europe perse but it's certainly not compliant in the EU of which is most of Europe
2021-10-19
Use props
dji_MODDER
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

FCC power gives you a more stable connection in city area's.
It's hard to prove for telecom inspectors (friend of mine) in the field, if you are flying on CE or FCC power.

2021-10-19
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

Funny how you can type FFC like the author did and everyone reads it as FCC  ....
2021-10-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing.
2021-10-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for sharing
Although I won't be implementing this.
2021-10-20
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 10-20 00:42
Thanks for sharing
Although I won't be implementing this.

I use it, its far better for signal strength, i can take the mini 2 around a church for example without losing connection, in CE mode there's no chance
2021-10-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Bashy Posted at 10-20 04:09
I use it, its far better for signal strength, i can take the mini 2 around a church for example without losing connection, in CE mode there's no chance

I have no issues with this.
Only when there is a lot of other wifi signals around.
It is not as strong as my MP, but hey.
2021-10-20
Use props
Pinarek
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41191 ft

Germany

Friend @Bashy look at the photo from the hack here.
If I did this hack on my Mini2 here in Germany, would anything change? would the transmission power on the GPS side then be increased?
or still throttled because an EU country?

FCC-Mode.jpg
2021-10-20
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Pinarek Posted at 10-20 10:40
Friend @Bashy look at the photo from the hack here.
If I did this hack on my Mini2 here in Germany, would anything change? would the transmission power on the GPS side then be increased?
or still throttled because an EU country?

Yes, the transmission power of the controller is changed, NOT the GPS though, only TX and poss RX not sure on the latter, PS Boost does not work for the Mini 2, but normally FCC Mode deffo works and well worth the 25 or whatever it is just for FCC alone
2021-10-20
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 10-20 05:08
I have no issues with this.
Only when there is a lot of other wifi signals around.
It is not as strong as my MP, but hey.

If youre happy the way it is then there is no need for this modification, save ya money.

Just to note though, whilst its added to the AC until removed and reset back to stock, its not activated all the time, only when you activate it and you must do this each and everytime you turn on the AC
2021-10-20
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well, too much wifi signal strength does interfere with a lot of things. I know that if I fly a drone past one large house in my area, it loses comms. I know that the wifi in that location is very strong and probably illegal. And lately I have the same problem in the opposite direction. Again probably an illegal installation, and new in the last few weeks. This all happening with an FCC drone.
2021-10-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Bashy Posted at 10-20 19:02
If youre happy the way it is then there is no need for this modification, save ya money.

Just to note though, whilst its added to the AC until removed and reset back to stock, its not activated all the time, only when you activate it and you must do this each and everytime you turn on the AC

Ah ok, good to know.
More reach is a good thing btw.
But when I fly VLOS (which I should ) the M2 is good enough for me.
2021-10-20
Use props
djiuser_AXf9t3cJMM66
lvl.4
Flight distance : 390128 ft

Poland

Dzięki za udostępnienie.
2021-11-13
Use props
Sharp
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3571634 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Bashy Posted at 10-20 19:02

Just to note though, whilst its added to the AC until removed and reset back to stock, its not activated all the time, only when you activate it and you must do this each and everytime you turn on the AC

According to their blog "Posted on 2021-07-27" now it's permanent.

2021-11-14
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sharp Posted at 11-14 03:27
According to their blog "osted on 2021-07-27" now it's permanent.

Hi, whilst yes, it is permanent, but like i said, you still have to activate it every time you turn on the AC, excerpt from the blog in question...
For the Mini2 (sadly not the Mini1!!) we were able to install also the india 15m altitude limit removal to the drone. The hack on the Mini2 is not fully automatic like on the other drones, for the Mini2 you need to press the button on the butt of the drone after boot, wait a few seconds until the beeping stops, then press it again, after that the drone will blink red at the front light. Now the hack is active. This procedure needs to be done after every boot of the drone, but thats it. No internet needed, mobile phone OS does not matter, and even SmartController is supported 100%
2021-11-14
Use props
djiuser_rBGmdYsrmIyW
New

Norway

This mini 2 and 3 it's a joke , it's just a marketing , it's impossible to fly over 1500 meter , they just ripping off people's money ,
2022-5-18
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 961437 ft
Italy

djiuser_rBGmdYsrmIyW Posted at 5-18 13:42
This mini 2 and 3 it's a joke , it's just a marketing , it's impossible to fly over 1500 meter , they just ripping off people's money ,

Here is a test in CE mode that shows a range of 6 Km.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_15NYitsBU0
2022-5-19
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FabioV Posted at 5-19 00:10
Here is a test in CE mode that shows a range of 6 Km.

I have to ask, how do we know that that is in CE mode and not FCC? and it was only 5km, it really sounds like FCC mode to me.
The best my "friend" could get in FCC mode was 5.5km over farmland but at 17m high, turned back for the battery, ended at 11%
2022-5-19
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Italy

Bashy Posted at 5-19 01:11
I have to ask, how do we know that that is in CE mode and not FCC? and it was only 5km, it really sounds like FCC mode to me.
The best my "friend" could get in FCC mode was 5.5km over farmland but at 17m high, turned back for the battery, ended at 11%

This is a question answered by the Author of the video in the discussion thread.
2022-5-19
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FabioV Posted at 5-19 03:44
This is a question answered by the Author of the video in the discussion thread.

I know, i still have my doubts thought...
2022-5-19
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Italy

Maybe your "friend" can test in the same farmland in CE mode, but staying at an higher altitude, in order to reduce the interferences and the signal refection from the ground ... And also putting the phone in airplane mode, if not yet done.
2022-5-19
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FabioV Posted at 5-19 05:26
Maybe your "friend" can test in the same farmland in CE mode, but staying at an higher altitude, in order to reduce the interferences and the signal refection from the ground ... And also putting the phone in airplane mode, if not yet done.

I have, i mean my "friend" has never used aeroplane mode but will try to remember next time. In CE mode it managed further than what my, his P4P managed in FCC mode, but also, i cannot remember what that was but i think around 4000m as the P4P was over 3.5km but i do remember it being higher than the 5.5km FCC test, just checked the 5km and that was at 89m, that was on a sunny but hazy day but on that day I/he only dared 5km as the battery was at 61% (new batteries) on the FCC test, the 5.5km FCC test was that low because it was foggy that day, turned at 65% but full signal.
2022-5-19
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Italy

Being not able to switch to FCC, I tried flying in the countryside in CE mode, at about 80m. At 1.800m distance the signal was still good, but as soon as I started flying over a village, I got a lot of interferences and also short disconnection, then I decided to come back to the home point.
And I can confirm that the signal dramatically decreases when flying behind a building, also at a short distance.
2022-5-20
Use props
djiuser_fKjrrgPscYpN
New
Flight distance : 273353 ft
Greece

Hello all, i live in Greece and i have a mini 2. When I try to fly it i go to the transmission menu and it always is in fcc mode
How that is possible?as i am in an European country?
2022-9-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules