I need, ISO and other Settings Recommends for Night Video Record
4396 9 2015-7-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
murat
lvl.1

Turkey

This is my first night record. https://yadi.sk/i/tOHYKiOViC76r ( Settings on Auto )

But you can see, so much noise on the video. Which kind settings, i need - for night record,  for same atmosphere ?

Thank you so much.
Best Regards.

Murat.

2015-7-31
Use props
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14495 ft
Denmark

noise is visible above ISO 400.
That is what you get with a tiny 1" sensor...

The Phantom camera is not useful for night shots
2015-7-31
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

You can severely increase the ISO with your Phantom. Taking a tip from my experience in astrophotography - start out much lower than you think might be necessary and then "work your way up." It is so easy to alter the ISO in the Phantom. Start out with a number like 800 (or as close as you can get to that) and fly (with camera on) for about 15 or 20 seconds. Then, increase the ISO to the next "step" and fly for another 15 to 20 seconds - repeat until you max out the ISO.

You should discover pretty quickly that many kinds of lights are going to be surprisingly very bright - much brighter than you might have thought. You can tolerate less light more often than you might have thought *and* there'll be a lot less "noise" in your videos.

Don't expect it to ever be perfect. If you set the ISO with anticipation of extremely low light levels, you'll get some bright lights now and then that will wash out the video. If you anticipate the bright lights and adjust accordingly, then you'll miss some of the much lesser lighted stuff. It's a bit of a crap-shoot and you'll have to make at least a few compromises.

My brother complained one day that he couldn't get a decent picture of the moon. Taking a pic of the full moon with something that "fills up the frame" leads to the discovery that the full moon is a "bright object" and seldom needs much adjusting - photographically speaking. A lot of the lights you encounter in the night are the same thing/problem.

Enjoy and good luck with the night-time shooting.
2015-7-31
Use props
murat
lvl.1

Turkey

Thank you very much guys for perfect answers. I will try my chance.
2015-7-31
Use props
ianbradbury34
lvl.2
Flight distance : 218435 ft
Malta

murat Posted at 2015-7-31 22:30
Thank you very much guys for perfect answers. I will try my chance.

Can you give us feedback?  Did you find any good setting for night video?
2015-8-18
Use props
Zdrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1805141 ft
  • >>>
United States

I agree with aburk's answer.  I just did a shoot in Vegas.  At 1600 there was too much noise.  Try 800, that worked for me.
Also put it in M (manual) mode.  Control your settings for better results.
2015-8-19
Use props
Dive-N-Dog
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1087028 ft
United States

ianbradbury34@h Posted at 2015-8-19 13:07
Can you give us feedback?  Did you find any good setting for night video?

I am I big fan of shooting at night.  I have been doing it for years before dslr's became mainstream. Using the P3P for video not so good at night but for stills it's not bad. Here is one I took of a roundabout 800 ISO and 8 second shutter speed. The light in the roundabout is my son running in the roundabout painting with a led flashlight.

-Dog

My boy running in a roundabout with a flashlight

My boy running in a roundabout with a flashlight
2015-8-24
Use props
Dive-N-Dog
lvl.3
United States

See above post.

-Dog
2015-8-24
Use props
ianbradbury34
lvl.2
Flight distance : 218435 ft
Malta

I've managed a couple of good night stills, but just can't seem to get it to take any usable video..

2015-8-26
Use props
Dive-N-Dog
lvl.3
United States

ianbradbury34@h Posted at 2015-8-27 01:41
I've managed a couple of good night stills, but just can't seem to get it to take any usable video ...

Nice work! Keep it up. Like I said the video is not all that great at night from the DJI 3's. I have an octa-copter that can hold my Canon with L series lens. That can shoot night video real good. Just not as agile asthe DJI3 3. Here is a link to more of the night shots I took with my 3. Look for my post toads the bottom of the first page  http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;page=1#pid202588

-Dog
2015-8-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules