Phantom 2 Vison+ Gimbal roll delay.
886 4 2015-7-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ShadeTek
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I have just acquired a nearly new Phantom 2 Vision+ and I noticed right away a delay in the roll of the gimbal which is noticable on video.  The pitch does not suffer from this delay, only the roll.  Is it just needing a calibration to sort this out?   I even noticed this on some youtube videos of the gimbal.   I have also noticed the gimbal tilt function is a bit jerky too.   The cheap but effective Chinese gimbal I have a on my Phantom1 is super smooth so I would have expected a similar response from a DJI gimbal.   Any info appreciated!

2015-7-31
Use props
PanamonCreel
lvl.4

Mexico

check the gimbal settings in the App and make sure that FPV mode is turned off
2015-7-31
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

Camera trouble shooting
see if the following will help
•        Ensure you have upgraded all DJI products to their latest firmware. Check updated, plus the camera firmware
•        Ensure you are connected to the wifi phantom-xxxx SID
.        Check bluetooth be sure it is off
•        Ensure your phone has been updated to the latest software.
•        Ensure you have closed all other multi-tasking applications.
•        Check the free space on your mobile device, it is recommend having at least 3GB available, less storage could be causing an issue.
•        Try deleting the app from your phone and downloading it again.
•        Reduce the preview framerate from 30 fps to 15 fps in the Settings of the DJI Vision app.
Now see if the gimbel  has smooth operation

2015-8-1
Use props
ShadeTek
lvl.1

United Kingdom

roy@mcscomputer Posted at 2015-8-1 19:09
Camera trouble shooting
see if the following will help
•        Ensure you have upgraded all DJI pr ...

OK, I recalibrated the remote joysticks (without using the dji app, just using the remote by itself using the recalibrate instructions) and also the tilt thumbwheel which looks like that was not done before I acquired the Phantom and now all is well with a super smooth tilt from end to end just the way it should be.   The FPV was not enabled anyhow but there was no roll delay when I took it out and that works just perfectly too.  I see in the instructions that the fpv mode is to give the user a "realistic feel" when monitoring via fpv.  So all is cured and thanks for helping.
2015-8-5
Use props
wednesdayschild
lvl.1
Flight distance : 109446 ft
United States

I am getting the "new" RC today and I'm hoping many of the problems I have been encountering with my gimbal will cease. As a new guy to the RC world, and specifically DJI.  I am finding out I probably didn't look very far and went with the most popular brand. With thousands of work arounds, repair issues, and conflicts, it's amazing DJI still has a good reputation. The majority have all sorts of issues, and it is certainly not "ready to fly" out of the box. That gimbal though, can it get any more temperamental, delicate or confusing. I called DJI three times with about enough information to want to make me scream - "get another job" . Sad, I just wanna have some fun!
2015-8-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules