More powerful mobile for better results?
306 6 2021-10-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Berty
lvl.4
Flight distance : 991706 ft
Mongolia

Does having a more capable mobile device effect the quality of the quick-shots? I was using an old iPhone6 and it was having a hard time with tracking the subject. It was also complaining a lot about the CPU being maxed out.

I would go back to my Android device, but the app always crashes mid flight.

2021-10-22
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think that is a very likely certainty.  : )  
2021-10-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

If your mobile device CPU is fully loaded, a warning stating “Mobile device CPU overloaded. Related performance will be affected” will appear in the app. The image transmission decoding and communication will be affected. If the mobile device battery level is sufficient (such as above 50%) and the mobile device temperature is normal when the warning appears, it may be the age of the device. If the phone was purchased more than two years ago, the reason might be that the mobile device is aging and cannot reach its optimum performance. If this issue appears frequently and greatly affects flight experience, we recommend using a relatively new mobile device.
2021-10-22
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think you've answered your own question.  Time for a phone/tablet upgrade
2021-10-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Definitely sounds like time to upgrade your mobile device.  I bought a 1 year old Android device that is on the compatibility list and it works quite well.  Mostly I use a Samsung S6 tablet as I like to have a bigger display available.  
2021-10-23
Use props
Berty
lvl.4
Flight distance : 991706 ft
Mongolia

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-23 05:56
Definitely sounds like time to upgrade your mobile device.  I bought a 1 year old Android device that is on the compatibility list and it works quite well.  Mostly I use a Samsung S6 tablet as I like to have a bigger display available.

I have a pixel 3, but it seems to haver issues with the app. Maybe a an upgrade could be in order fairly soon. I think screen brightness might be a consideration this time as well. Even with a hood, it's hard to see the screen sometimes. I knew this hobby had the potential to get expensive
2021-10-24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Berty Posted at 10-24 05:58
I have a pixel 3, but it seems to haver issues with the app. Maybe a an upgrade could be in order fairly soon. I think screen brightness might be a consideration this time as well. Even with a hood, it's hard to see the screen sometimes. I knew this hobby had the potential to get expensive

Yes, it can get expensive rather quickly.  However, it is a great hobby.  Things look so much different from an aerial point of view.  
2021-10-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules