Need tips for safety
370 7 2021-10-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_YuttNXWSqglr
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi, I have bought DJI Mini 2 few weeks back as my first ever drone. Yesterday I was flying it near sea beach and it was all fine. When I was packing up it was dark and I noticed few lights above me and realized there were two other drones flying nearby. Luckily there was no collision but considering mini 2 does not have obstacle detection what are some things which can help me avoid collision with other drones especially when i am taking it bit far and these drones are hardly visible. Please also suggest if there are any settings which could help in this regard.

One more thing i noticed the other day, 'RC signal interference' what's the reason for it , could it also be coz of other drones flying nearby? Please suggest. Thanks.

Regards,
a newbie
2021-10-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Good day and thank you for sharing these information with us. with regards to 'RC signal interference' the said DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference on the ground, and you took off from close to a buildings with rebar concrete metal objects on it. In addition, please make sure that the antennas are pointed toward the aircraft for optimal transmission. Thank you.

2021-10-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

obstacle detection wont stop you hitting another drone,  it needs bigger objects than that.   The Interference can be caused by other Wifi Signals,   not pointing the remote at the drone,   having people or vehicles/objects move between you and the drone.
2021-10-25
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

One more thing i noticed the other day, 'RC signal interference' what's the reason for it , could it also be coz of other drones flying nearby?
You would have to be standing within 10 ft of another drone controller to get interference from another drone nearby.
Interference is common and normal in urban residential and commercial areas.
2021-10-26
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-25 23:04
Hello there. Good day and thank you for sharing these information with us. with regards to 'RC signal interference' the said DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference on the ground, and you took off from close to a buildings with rebar concrete metal objects on it. In addition, please make sure that the antennas are pointed toward the aircraft for optimal transmission. Thank you.

[view_image]

with regards to 'RC signal interference' the said DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference on the ground,
Really???
No-one said anything about magnetic interference.
The topic being discussed was RC signal interference ... a completely different thing.
2021-10-26
Use props
djiuser_YuttNXWSqglr
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thanks for the inputs everyone...is it right to say that with the other drones around it will be good to keep the drone in close range of sight and rest will be on both pilot's level of caution.
2021-10-26
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

djiuser_YuttNXWSqglr Posted at 10-26 04:11
Thanks for the inputs everyone...is it right to say that with the other drones around it will be good to keep the drone in close range of sight and rest will be on both pilot's level of caution.

VLOS, visual line of sight is in most countries a rule.
What I always do before flying in a spot where there are other drones flying is to have a chat with those people, asking "is that drone there, yours?".

When they know you want to fly a drone too, they will be happy to talk to you. They don't want a collision either.
Look around for people with a controller in their hands. Talking helps.
2021-10-26
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

agreed, you have to keep vlos.  and just because you have countermeasures doesn't mean the other drone has them.

nobody wants a collision and when you look up and see all that clear all, first thought is risk is tiny.

my advice if you see another drone in your airspace:  pack up and go home for the day.
2021-10-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules