Is there a way to charge inspire 2 batteries using inspire 1 batt...
1410 5 2021-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Stratosphere 4
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16113908 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I am pretty sure the answer is no.....but i am not very good when it comes to electrical power physics so i figure it wouldn't hurt to ask.

We have over 30 inspire 1 batteries sitting around that we are maintaining over the past 4 years with no actual flying time as we have a few inspire 2's now.  Is there a way to transfer the power of an inspire 1 battery into an inspire 2 battery?  This way we have some more field power when on sets where we cannot use our generators to charge up due to background noise while ground crew is filming.

Other than that is there a portable high capacity power bank that can charge a few sets of batteries that is recommended?

Thank you in advance....
2021-10-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Check out -
2021-10-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

And if you want something smaller  -

2021-10-26
Use props
Joecos
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3294770 ft
United States

"Is there a way to transfer the power of an inspire 1 battery into an inspire 2 battery? "

If I understand your question - you want to utilize the inspire 1 battery and somehow use it for the inspire 2 ?   The simple answer is No.  The inspire 1 only uses one battery, im assuming the voltage requirement for the inspire 2 is different since it utilizes two batteries.

If your question is to open the battery cell from the inspire 1 and transplant it to the inspire 2 battery casing, maybe there is a way, but then again the voltage requirement is different between inspire 1 and inspire 2.

There are many creative engineers here that have experimented in re-creating stuff.  It's possible to build an adapter of some sort, but it will not be easy.  

If there is a will to do it, then there is a way.
2021-10-27
Use props
Stratosphere 4
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16113908 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Joecos Posted at 10-27 07:50
"Is there a way to transfer the power of an inspire 1 battery into an inspire 2 battery? "

If I understand your question - you want to utilize the inspire 1 battery and somehow use it for the inspire 2 ?   The simple answer is No.  The inspire 1 only uses one battery, im assuming the voltage requirement for the inspire 2 is different since it utilizes two batteries.

No, you are not understanding the question.  I am wondering if there is a way to use the inspire 1 batteries to charge the inspire 2 batteries.  There is an adapter so you can use the inspire 1 batteries as a power bank with 2 usb charge ports.  I was wondering if anyone found a way or tried to use the inspire 1 batteries as a field power supply to charge their inspire 2 batteries with.  The only sollution i can see is to use the inspire 1 with the usb adapter to then charge a larger portable battery like the Bluetti for example....then the inspire 2 batteries can charge from it.  I was hoping for a simpler smaller sollution since we have ... tons of inspire 1 batteries.
2021-10-27
Use props
Joecos
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3294770 ft
United States

Stratosphere 4 Posted at 10-27 08:03
No, you are not understanding the question.  I am wondering if there is a way to use the inspire 1 batteries to charge the inspire 2 batteries.  There is an adapter so you can use the inspire 1 batteries as a power bank with 2 usb charge ports.  I was wondering if anyone found a way or tried to use the inspire 1 batteries as a field power supply to charge their inspire 2 batteries with.  The only sollution i can see is to use the inspire 1 with the usb adapter to then charge a larger portable battery like the Bluetti for example....then the inspire 2 batteries can charge from it.  I was hoping for a simpler smaller sollution since we have ... tons of inspire 1 batteries.

Ahhhh ok, i understand now -  - "I am wondering if there is a way to use the inspire 1 batteries to charge the inspire 2 batteries."

I've seen photo's of a modified wiring adapter made for a TB50 battery to power and charge a camera.  Not sure if that same idea applies to TB47/TB48.

Good Luck!

2021-10-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules