Took the plunge, now let's see about it.
644 21 2021-10-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

They had the Action 2 available on the DJI store before the reveal video was released so I took the plunge and ordered the dual screen kit. So I guess I'll see if it is as Potato Jet says, it has horse power, lol. I tend to watch his videos and Flytpath. Potato Jet and Aldryn are usually pretty spot on with their reviews. In Aldryn's video he demonstrats the horizon lock feature and that to me looks cool as all get out, he rotated the camera a full 360 and it looked as though it never moved. The FOV looks great too. Was hoping for a higher resolution but for the size it is, I don't think I can complain a whole lot there. Can't wait to get it in and give it a go.

2021-10-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Congrats on the purchase.
2021-10-27
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thanks, DAFlys. Hopefully I'll get it in pretty quick and do my own review on it. See if it stacks up like the rest (influencers) are saying only thing I'm afraid of is it being modular and not being able to keep track of the parts
2021-10-27
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I've ordered too, after some initial misunderstanding about the SD card slot situation (which is on both the clip on modules).
2021-10-27
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Yeah, the SD card slot is either on the front facing module or the battery module depending on which kit you get or in my case, I'll probably end up ordering the battery module later and having one on each. But that is a maybe seeing what the price of the battery module is going to be. Accessories seems to be a little pricey if you ask me. That's why we have third party companies though, lol.
2021-10-27
Use props
BobWinNV
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

This looks like a really useful product.  I can't wait to get my hands on the dual screen version.
2021-10-27
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I think the battery module was said to be over $100 but I can't point to a link.  It does seem that it can be added to the screen module making a three tier device - which seems odd but that would make a good handle in effect.  Not so good for mounting of course.

Edit - $89 Australian in the store - reserve only.

2021-10-27
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

fansfe82067d Posted at 10-27 16:29
I think the battery module was said to be over $100 but I can't point to a link.  It does seem that it can be added to the screen module making a three tier device - which seems odd but that would make a good handle in effect.  Not so good for mounting of course.

Edit - $89 Australian in the store - reserve only.

I think it’s $75 to reserve one in for the US. Initially I thought that a little pricey, but DJI batteries have a history of that, plus for what it does, I guess that isn’t horrible
2021-10-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there JodyB. Good day and thank you for purchasing the DJI Action 2. To learn more about the new DJI Action 2 I will post a DJI link where in you can find the specifications and frequently asked question for the DJI Action 2 ( https://www.dji.com/dji-action-2?site=brandsite&from=nav ) Again, thank you for your support and have a nice day. .
2021-10-27
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-27 17:01
Hello there JodyB. Good day and thank you for purchasing the DJI Action 2. To learn more about the new DJI Action 2 I will post a DJI link where in you can find the specifications and frequently asked question for the DJI Action 2 ( https://www.dji.com/dji-action-2?site=brandsite&from=nav ) Again, thank you for your support and have a nice day.  .

Good day to you and yours DJI Stephen. I trust all is well! I do think the action 2 will be a good investment, although I do have some concerns with the Modular design. Thank you for the link to the FAQ page too!!
2021-10-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Congratulations!
2021-10-27
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thanks Montfrooij!!!
2021-10-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

JodyB Posted at 10-28 04:22
Thanks Montfrooij!!!

You're welcome!
2021-10-28
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Are you planning on getting one? Just curious
2021-10-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

JodyB Posted at 10-28 05:19
Are you planning on getting one? Just curious

Not right now.
I have a Pocket 2 that I really like.
And don't really have hobbies where I need an actioncam.
When I do need that, I have an Olympus Tough TG5 (for swimming trips etc.)
2021-10-28
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 10-28 05:40
Not right now.
I have a Pocket 2 that I really like.
And don't really have hobbies where I need an actioncam.

That makes all the sense in the world. I don't have many hobbies that I actually need an action cam, but I traditionally use my original osmo action for lots of other things than action cam type stuff.
2021-10-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

JodyB Posted at 10-28 05:49
That makes all the sense in the world. I don't have many hobbies that I actually need an action cam, but I traditionally use my original osmo action for lots of other things than action cam type stuff.

Ah yes I see
2021-10-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

JodyB Posted at 10-27 17:07
Good day to you and yours DJI Stephen. I trust all is well! I do think the action 2 will be a good investment, although I do have some concerns with the Modular design. Thank you for the link to the FAQ page too!!

Hi there JodyB. You are very much welcome and thank you for sharing your valued insight with us with regards to this matter. If you have any inquiries or any concerns with the new DJI Action 2. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. Thank you. .
2021-10-28
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I received my DJI action 2 via FedEx today. Surprisingly as I haven’t had much luck with FedEx as of late so my hats off for them delivering on time this time around. I’m working up an unboxing/review and so far I can say I’m mostly pleased. I can say the part that I’m not pleased is that none of the external audio input solutions that I had for the original osmo action does not work at all with the action 2 so I will have to figure out a way to solve that it face purchasing a new much more expensive wireless solution. I like the looks of the DJI mic but at $369 is more expensive that’s what I’d like to spend. The ride wireless go 2 is less expensive but still up there in cost. I’ve got it charging up so I can play with it a little later.
2021-10-31
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Well I was going to do an unboxing but my portable ssd decided to take a dump and had to be reformatted so I lost my video of the actual unboxing. But that’s ok, not like there isn’t a ton of unboxing videos already. That will let me focus on other things. I may do a re-unboxing not sure though.
2021-10-31
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Personally, when I see reference to unboxing, I tend to not watch the video!  It's a strange phenomenon.  Maybe just show the contents on a tabletop and briefly explain the functions of each part, but that's been done a lot already too.  The YouTube 'market' might now be moving to footage examples, though I admit reception of mine has been somewhat short of viral.  But me talking for 5 minutes about the A2 a couple of days before launch got 850 or so.  YouTube is weird...
2021-10-31
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

fansfe82067d Posted at 10-31 18:58
Personally, when I see reference to unboxing, I tend to not watch the video!  It's a strange phenomenon.  Maybe just show the contents on a tabletop and briefly explain the functions of each part, but that's been done a lot already too.  The YouTube 'market' might now be moving to footage examples, though I admit reception of mine has been somewhat short of viral.  But me talking for 5 minutes about the A2 a couple of days before launch got 850 or so.  YouTube is weird...

YouTube is weird. My very first unboxing/review is still getting hits while others, not so much. My guess is that it maybe content relevance dependent or something. I don't have a whole lot on my channel nor do I have but a handful of subs and I don't even have a specific direction that I'm taking my channel in. I guess it's kind of an experiment to be honest. i created the channel a long time ago and when I first started it, I didn't do anything with it because I didn't know what I wanted to do with it. I still don't in a way but over the last year, I've got a base idea of the direction I would like to go and who knows if it will mesh with YouTubes weirdness, LOL.
2021-11-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules