DJI Action 2. Epic WIFI Fail AGAIN!!!
2955 9 2021-10-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cdelle
lvl.2

Canada

Here we go again. A new camera and no way to turn off wifi. It seems you can only select frequency and network. Same as the osmo action. You cannot use these cameras with a gps device as they will kil the reception of the gps. We waited over 2 years for them to add this feature to the osmo action and Dji completely ignored us.  Now they do not add it to the action 2.  At least Dji is consistent!
2021-10-27
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

action 2 turns off wifi automatically after 30s without connecting DJI Mimo.

In your case, you need a button to shut down wifi immediately ?
2021-10-27
Use props
Cdelle
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI-ytao Posted at 10-27 18:42
action 2 turns off wifi automatically after 30s without connecting DJI Mimo.

In your case, you need a button to shut down wifi immediately ?

That is good to know.  Have you tried it on a camera? I did not see it in the manual. This would be nice as I already wasted money on the osmo action....
2021-10-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I thought it turned off if not used.
2021-10-27
Use props
Cdelle
lvl.2

Canada

DAFlys Posted at 10-27 23:49
I thought it turned off if not used.

Again not believing it until its proven. That being the case it cound be said that the osmo action turns off if not used.  We know thats not the case.
2021-10-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cdelle Posted at 10-29 12:52
Again not believing it until its proven. That being the case it cound be said that the osmo action turns off if not used.  We know thats not the case.

There’s a guy who’s just got his taking question perhaps get him to test it. https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 6orderby%3Ddateline

2021-10-29
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I guess I could tell by checking for the presence of the wifi signal with a phone??  I'll try to remember to do that...  you envisage that if the device is turned on that at some point the wifi will shut off?
2021-10-29
Use props
Cdelle
lvl.2

Canada

fansfe82067d Posted at 10-29 13:06
I guess I could tell by checking for the presence of the wifi signal with a phone??  I'll try to remember to do that...  you envisage that if the device is turned on that at some point the wifi will shut off?

That would be what we hope.  However someone else said they do not have the issue with the osmo action if its running on 5 gig. Mine did have the issue on 2.4.  I will try tomorrow.
2021-10-30
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I just did a quick test.  When I turned on the Action 2, my phone could see its wifi signal.  As soon as I pressed record, the wifi disappeared.  Bluetooth seems to stay on waiting for the app to start.  I think when the app connects to the camera BT, the camera turns the wireless back on.
2021-10-31
Use props
MTLer
lvl.1

Canada

Same issue on Osmo Pocket 3:https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D816%26typeid%3D816
2023-12-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules