Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drone Taiwan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 535230 ft
Taiwan

Before the recent fly app update
Ios15 and ipados15 were not compatible with the dji fly app

After the recent update, the dji fly app show was compatible with ios15, but didnt mention anything about ipados15
So after several trials, ipads with ipados 15 cannot get recoginized by the controller of the drone.

Any possibility to know when DJI will work on this? Its been over a month after ipados15 was launched, which makes little bit uncomfortable, like dji is pushing people to buy the smart dontroller to have a bigger screen, instead of allowing them the option to use an ipad to fly the drone
2021-10-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We will forward this to our designated team for attention. For now, you may refer to the list of recommended compatible mobile devices using the link below. Thank you for your understanding and support.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
2021-10-28
Use props
Drone Taiwan
Second Officer
Taiwan

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-28 21:29
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We will forward this to our designated team for attention. For now, you may refer to the list of recommended compatible mobile devices using the link below. Thank you for your understanding and support.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly

The ipad pro is compatible
The incompatibility comes with the ipad os 15, ( the operational system of  the ipad)
I have a friend with the exact same ipad but with ipados 14 and works perfect. Then He updated to ipados 15 and stop working.
2021-10-28
Use props
djiuser_WnWDURlH1gmd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21755 ft

Germany

Hi there,

just bought a new Mini 2 a few days ago (my first drone) and I am using a ipad mini 5 cell. with ios 15.
It seems to be incompatible regarding the compass function. When I launch Dji Fly app (1.4.8) and select map view (controller/drone turned off,  compass, fly app have all permissions), compass is not functional.
When flying no direction from the controller to the drone recognizable :-((

Compass on my iPad mini works perfectly, for example on Maps.
Surprisingly, the compass works fine in the  map view from "Find my drone"!
Can anyone confirm this? Is there a solution available?

By the way, with iPhone SE iOS 14.7 compass works fine :-)
2021-10-29
Use props
dr6583
Second Officer
Flight distance : 490627 ft
United States

I have had no problem with my iPad 7th Gen since iOS 15 and it's not even an approved tablet.  For iOS devices, try setting the battery to low power mode.  This feature is in iPadOS 15 not earlier versions.
2021-11-18
Use props
fans015ba378
lvl.2
Flight distance : 112510 ft
  • >>>
United States

dr6583 Posted at 11-18 21:06
I have had no problem with my iPad 7th Gen since iOS 15 and it's not even an approved tablet.  For iOS devices, try setting the battery to low power mode.  This feature is in iPadOS 15 not earlier versions.

I'm having same issue with my iPad Pro 3rd gen running iOS 15 and tried the low power mode to no avail. My M3 is one day old and considering it won't work wiht not only my iPad but also my DJI RE Goggles I'm a hairsbreadth away from a return.
2021-11-22
Use props
Popeye1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 511722 ft

United Kingdom

Drone Taiwan Posted at 10-28 22:05
The ipad pro is compatible
The incompatibility comes with the ipad os 15, ( the operational system of  the ipad)
I have a friend with the exact same ipad but with ipados 14 and works perfect. Then He updated to ipados 15 and stop working.

I have iPad with iOS 15.1 no issues with app.
2021-11-22
Use props
MEDIARCHE
lvl.1
Flight distance : 308504 ft
United States

This seems like a major issue to work out between Apple and DJI for iPadOS 15. There should be a Vendor to Vendor relationship between DJI and Apple to report bugs and come up with solutions to resolve the issue. Please don't give up on this and please work out a fix for your customers. Thank you. We all patiently await a fix.

FYI: I started a thread on Apple's forum as well to try to resolve this here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253649844

EDIT: Apple deleted my thread for reasons unknown, but you can report your own "bug" for this issue here: https://www.apple.com/feedback/ipad.html

The more reports there are, the more likely they are to fix this issue. Please submit your bug report.

2022-2-8
Use props
ejwjohn
lvl.3
Flight distance : 177408 ft
United Kingdom

Hello,

Not sure if this helps of confuses the situation, but I use an iPad Air 4 (4th generation) with the latest version of IOS 15 and that appears to work OK using my Controller and the Mavic 3.

The Fly app, Mavic 3 and the controller are all on the latest version of software/Firmware.

thx

John W
2022-2-12
Use props
Drone Taiwan
Second Officer
Taiwan

Still today and the dji fly app in my ipad pro 11” first gen, still not compatible
Everything is updated with the latest firmwares
Only my iphone 12 pro max is running the app ok
2022-2-17
Use props
CineView Media
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5365522 ft
  • >>>
Norway

What is this? Amateur hour again???
You want to sell a product, but you dont care about your customers? Sounds like standard Dji policy, and therefore nothing has changed, or ever will.
I just bought the Fpv combo, preparing to go out and fly, and this app doesnt work on the current 2022 ios.
This drone is there going back to the shop, well done!
2022-4-5
Use props
BRIRIE
lvl.1
Flight distance : 67526 ft
United States

It seems very odd that a company like DJI, the largest manufacturer and distributor of drones, can't or chooses not to keep up with Apple OS updates.  Guys, you've got to do better than this.  You can't keep us from updating our devices for a myriad of other purposes just because you can't keep up.  You have got to do better folks!!  This has been very frustrating!!
2022-10-25
Use props
BRIRIE
lvl.1
Flight distance : 67526 ft
United States

Apple has just released iPad OS 16, and there isn't an update from DJI to the DJI Fly app for iPad OS 15 yet.  Come on guys!!

2022-10-25
Use props
Greg DJI Mini2
New

United States

I have a DJI Mini 2 and found that iOS 15.7.1 on my iPhone XS was NOT compatible with the DJI Fly App.  Upgraded to iOS 16, and it works again!  VERY FRUSTRATING!!
2022-11-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules