561 4 2021-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Quillotine
lvl.1
Flight distance : 77395 ft

Finland

Hello!

I lost connection to my drone for a while and it braked and hovered @ 60meters. Battery was at 19% at this point. I was just gonna RTH. This is the last known location in my flightlog. Then i gained connection with the RC but for some reason phone could not get connection so next actions are not in the flight log. I was flying it manually towards RTH point after it had locked the straight line to it. All i remember is seeing AC battery 3% and doing emergency landing somewhere between the RTH point and last known location from the flightlog. I have been searching the area by foot for the past 3 days without luck of finding it. 8 hectares area of really dense forest and fields towards the RTH point. It is possible the drone landed on some thick tall tree and cannot be seen from the ground.

So the question is, is there some data in the Remote Controller BlackBox that can help me track the events after the FlightLog ends. This would help alot narrow the search area down. Like the data from the RC screen, distance to RTH, flying height. I have already sent these files to customer service. Is there any way i can read the RC BlackBox data myself?

Link to the files:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1X3Wxb1Dy3ZO8EQ1QM1qsAuUbnCY25L42?usp=sharing

Here is the flightlog:
https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/SOXWPH5INZQMN7P99WE1

2021-10-30
Use props
DaMa
First Officer
Flight distance : 889662 ft
  • >>>
Germany

If you can't find... I have a MP I don't need (RC, 1 battery, power supply unit). Bought in Mauritius in Dec. 2019, 13 flights. Lying around here, I'll only fly my white MP and MA 2. If you like we can talk about the price ...
2021-10-30
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Had a look at your flightlog.

I think it is not possible to narrow down the search area.
Last part of your flight your drone did not flew towards home, see the chart for moving direction.

Last records shows 19% battery power, in wich direction it flew depends on the RC input.
Do not understand what you saw between 19 and 3 % batt power, did your mobile device had a blank or frozen screen?  Seeing 3%....was it before that in a RTH mode or ?

If it was in a RTH than it flew direct home form last knows point. Flying from 19% batt to the critial batt level from where it did autoland. Cannot calculate where, suppose it landed with 10% than it travelled 9% * 1600 meter = beyond the distance to the HP.

if it was not in  RTH mode and your were flying forward (wich direction?) than it flew about 1600 meters in a direction wich we do not know....

cheers
JJB

analysis2.png
2021-10-31
Use props
Quillotine
lvl.1
Flight distance : 77395 ft

Finland

Thanks for taking a look. Yeah i figured the drone was facing a bit off from RTH at the end. My phone had blank screen. It was /was supposed to be in RTH after i completely lost signal but its a bad habit of mine to just fly it manually after the RTH course have been chosen as i really hate the controller RTH beebing alarm.

I have already searched the straight line to RTH from last AC coordinates and also the line which it was facing towards at the end point. Now searching 350-500meter radius from the RTH as i recall controller showing that before landing. Hopefully i can find it soon cause its gonna rain in 2 days.

Future drone will for sure have reflective tape and failsafe tracker on it.
2021-10-31
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Quillotine Posted at 10-31 08:01
Thanks for taking a look. Yeah i figured the drone was facing a bit off from RTH at the end. My phone had blank screen. It was /was supposed to be in RTH after i completely lost signal but its a bad habit of mine to just fly it manually after the RTH course have been chosen as i really hate the controller RTH beebing alarm.

I have already searched the straight line to RTH from last AC coordinates and also the line which it was facing towards at the end point. Now searching 350-500meter radius from the RTH as i recall controller showing that before landing. Hopefully i can find it soon cause its gonna rain in 2 days.

oke, hope you will find your drone,    but it is like searching a needle in a haystack.

cheers
JJB
2021-10-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules