809 5 2021-10-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
shepherd_06
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11621 ft

Bangladesh

hello
I know the title is weird, but I don't know how to put it into a question.
I have a new Mavic mini 2, it's been only a month or two. I have taken it to fly on a trek and stumble onto some of these issues.

1. Why does my drone sort of move for a bit in left-right instead of hovering on a specific position, when I am not moving the sticks at all.
2. Does GPS depend on my cellphones network? Will the drone work even if there's no cell network?
3. One additional question I have to ask, can I record audio with my drone? right now, it only records video I think. Is there any option to capture the audio as well?

Thank you.
2021-10-31
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

1. Normal behavior
2. GPS is not dependent upon cell service. Many fly in airplane mode.

3. No audio available from drone.

2021-10-31
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

# 3 Audio would only give you the buzzing from the props. Kinda glad it has no recording capabilities.
2021-10-31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. For the first question, you may try to perform the IMU and Compass calibration to maintain the stability of the aircraft when in flight. Second, the drone will work without a cell service or data connection, we storngly suggest to turn on the airplane mode when in flight to avoid some interference. Lastly, the DJI Mavic Mini 2 cannot record audio. Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.
2021-10-31
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Visual Air Posted at 10-31 18:59
# 3 Audio would only give you the buzzing from the props. Kinda glad it has no recording capabilities.

The original Mavic & M2P allowed you to record sound from the location of your mobile phone and it meant the 1080p recorded on your phone had sound from where you were with your mobile. I found this useful, you could record 4k on the drone, 1080p with local sound on your phone.

The Mini 2 only records 720p on your phone and you can't record local sound, the 720p is not great compared to the 1080p with local sound found on the M2P. Just my thoughts.
2021-11-1
Use props
djiuser_AeAsOoTQTodJ
lvl.1

United States

Because DJI hasn't updated their software to work with my new phone, a Pixel 6, I'm using an old phone without a SIM, so no cell service. It works fine for flight control.  I can do updates by wifi if I need to.  
2021-11-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules