External Mic and USB Power Bank Possible?
1283 10 2021-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
snorkel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 452592 ft
  • >>>
United States

So I currently use the Osmo Action 1 with a external mic and usb power bank and so far it's been great.

What I need to know is this:
Will I be able to use a external wired mic of my choice and a USB power bank so I can record for all day fishing on a Kayak?

Also will the remote that I have seen be able to control more than one camera for things like loop recording (ideal for fishing)

Thanks,

Bassman Strikes Kayak Fishning
https://www.youtube.com/c/BassManStrikes

2021-11-1
Use props
snorkel
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

New cynova adapter maybe or possibly the phone adapters that have a pass thru USB connection might work?
2021-11-1
Use props
snorkel
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Looks like something like this may work but only with a TRRS Mic:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09GG8 ... 3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl
2021-11-1
Use props
snorkel
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hopefully Cynova or someone makes an adapter for TRS mics with a pass thru USB C power connection.
2021-11-1
Use props
snorkel
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I guess this is impossible as of now :-(   
2021-11-2
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

snorkel Posted at 11-2 06:58
I guess this is impossible as of now :-(

Not sure if it is impossible but of the adapters that I've looked at that support audio input and charging says that when using both, charging takes precedence which leads me to believe that it might not be possible. Hopefully we'll find something that will allow for this.
2021-11-3
Use props
snorkel
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

JodyB Posted at 11-3 04:39
Not sure if it is impossible but of the adapters that I've looked at that support audio input and charging says that when using both, charging takes precedence which leads me to believe that it might not be possible. Hopefully we'll find something that will allow for this.

Some do say that but only if the device does not support the USB PD function (power delivery), so if the Acton 2 supports PD then many of those adapters should work.

2021-11-3
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

snorkel Posted at 11-3 06:01
Some do say that but only if the device does not support the USB PD function (power delivery), so if the Acton 2 supports PD then many of those adapters should work.

Yup, you're right. They do say that about the PD functionality. Theoretically, it should work. I saw a vid where a guy said the adapter he bought would allow both a microphone and a headset to work simultaneously over two different ports on the adapter so there is potential here.
2021-11-3
Use props
snorkel
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

JodyB Posted at 11-3 07:49
Yup, you're right. They do say that about the PD functionality. Theoretically, it should work. I saw a vid where a guy said the adapter he bought would allow both a microphone and a headset to work simultaneously over two different ports on the adapter so there is potential here.

Was that vid with the Action 2 or a phone?
2021-11-3
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

snorkel Posted at 11-3 08:35
Was that vid with the Action 2 or a phone?

Action 2. I'll see if I can find it and share it here.
2021-11-3
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Here's that link I was talking about. Only issue I have with it is that he doesn't show the setup, just talks about it.

2021-11-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules