Mini 2 max continous flying time (on multipe batteries)
383 4 2021-11-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EnjoyFlying
lvl.3
United States

Not sure if this has been covered/asked before - what's the max flying time on multiple batteries?  

I have 3 batteries, so my max continous flying time could be roughly 60 mins, but I never run my batteries to below 20%, so my actual max continous flying time would have been 40-50mins the most with 3 batteries.  After each flight I noticed that most of the heat are coming from the batteries, so I am wondering what would be the max continous flying time for the drone itself, the number of batteries we can run thru, until the drone gets over-heat?  

Reason I ask is that if the drone max flying time = 2 hours, that means I can run 6 batteries in total, so I might grab 3 more batteries in the future.

Anyone is welcome to chime in their max flying time/# of batteries on here, would be good to know.

2021-11-3
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

When you fly forward the air intakes will flush air through the inner of the drone and cool it off. If you hover, no cooling will take place.
So it's impossible to answer when the drone will get / can be overheated.  

2021-11-3
Use props
EnjoyFlying
lvl.3
United States

Johnny_J Posted at 11-3 10:56
When you fly forward the air intakes will flush air through the inner of the drone and cool it off. If you hover, no cooling will take place.

Hi, what is your longest continuous flying time?  How many batteries did that run on?  

I wonder if there is anyone has run more than 5 batteries continuously before?  I assume the professional drone photographers would have, right?
2021-11-3
Use props
hunterws
Second Officer
Flight distance : 382536 ft
United States

Well, you can't run them continuously ... you have to land and manually change batteries, and the craft cools in that process.   I usually let mine sit with the battery out for 5mins to let it rest/cool.
2021-11-3
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17352513 ft
Sweden

You will also have the ambient temperature to think of. If it is a 10 deg C out side or if it is 35-40 deg C. That will make a big difference of how hot the batteries get as well as the air craft. I think that if the air craft gets too hot it will warn you some one said. I have flown here in Sweden with a Mavic 2 Pro in just 5 Deg C and the battery never got over 36 deg C an 22 min flying. In summer, when it was about 25 deg C the battery got to about 43 deg C in just 15 minute of flying.
2021-11-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules