Galaxy Tab Active 3
1519 4 2021-11-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eyecapture
lvl.4
Flight distance : 517848 ft
Canada

Has anyone flown their Mavic 2 with a Galaxy Tab Active 3? If you're a DJI mod, please don't respond about the official list. The canned respones are not helpful.

2021-11-3
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I can't answer your question. However it looks like 4 of the 8 cores are 1.7GHZ and those usually do not work well with these controllers. The other 4 core are 2.7 GHZ, much faster, so that may make up for the other 4 slow ones, but it's a risk unless you can return it.
2021-11-3
Use props
eyecapture
lvl.4
Canada

GaryDoug Posted at 11-3 18:45
I can't answer your question. However it looks like 4 of the 8 cores are 1.7GHZ and those usually do not work well with these controllers. The other 4 core are 2.7 GHZ, much faster, so that may make up for the other 4 slow ones, but it's a risk unless you can return it.

I have absolutely no worries about the processor power of the tablet. It's more than capable. However DJI has a spotty track record for Android support and often cops out referring to the official list which they never update after launch. It's not ever a hardware issue but DJI programming which they don't bother with. I have a brand new Pixel 6 which DJI Go crashes on launch. Yet Litchi can launch and connect to the drone while using the same API.
2021-11-3
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

eyecapture Posted at 11-3 18:57
I have absolutely no worries about the processor power of the tablet. It's more than capable. However DJI has a spotty track record for Android support and often cops out referring to the official list which they never update after launch. It's not ever a hardware issue but DJI programming which they don't bother with. I have a brand new Pixel 6 which DJI Go crashes on launch. Yet Litchi can launch and connect to the drone while using the same API.

OK....if it's "more than capable" then I don't know why you are asking about it. You can be the test case, at your expense.
2021-11-3
Use props
eyecapture
lvl.4
Canada

GaryDoug Posted at 11-3 19:11
OK....if it's "more than capable" then I don't know why you are asking about it. You can be the test case, at your expense.

The Galaxy Tab Active 3 isn't a tablet you can get at Best Buy. It's a niche item that you only get from a few places. In this case Amazon.com. I'm in Canada and it's a pain in the ass to order and return across the border. So before I spend almost $1k CDN I'd like to know if it works. If DJI Go crashes on a brand new Pixel which has pure android without any fluff then the odds aren't good for a niche enterprise tablet.
2021-11-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules