3rd Party App for Phantom 4 Pro Plus + GL300E Remote Controller
2100 4 2021-11-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
szheng
lvl.1

Australia

Hi,

I am still relatively new to the drone world... We have a Phantom 4 Pro Plus + GL300E remote controller for photogrammetry and survey work. We need an app to be able to do the drone flight in grid patterns. I have done loads of reading and experiments with 3rd party apps, but it is difficult to get one work in the remote controller. PIX4D Mapper + Ctrl+DJI used to work but very unstable - either Ctrl+DJI didn't want to connect to the drone while we were in the field (the worst!) or the PIX4D Mapper crashed for no reason.  

DJI Melb told me that DJI Terra could work. But I couldn't get it to talk to the RC, even though I did everything exactly as what the instruction says. Note: I just updated the fireware in May this year.

Apologies if this topic has been discussed many times but I really need some advices. Is there a good 3rd party flight mission planner worth a try? Or the best solution is to buy another RC?

Thanks.
2021-11-4
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I am currently testing Drone harmony ( not in Phantom 4 ,camera is broken ) ... and it is fantastic
2021-11-5
Use props
szheng
lvl.1

Australia

JetSam Posted at 11-5 10:34
I am currently testing Drone harmony ( not in Phantom 4 ,camera is broken ) ... and it is fantastic

Thank you. Drone harmony costs $33/month .. it is a bit too expensive for us.

I just installed an app called 3D Survey Pilot. Will give it a try tomorrow.
2021-11-14
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Is there a good 3rd party flight mission planner worth a try? Or the best solution is to buy another RC?
You hit on the solution right there.
If you want to use your drone for mapping, what you need to do is buy a regular controller and tablet.
If you have the GL300E, what you need is the GL300F.
Then you'll be able to load DroneDeploy, Pix4D etc.
2021-11-14
Use props
szheng
lvl.1

Australia

Labroides Posted at 11-14 19:59
Is there a good 3rd party flight mission planner worth a try? Or the best solution is to buy another RC?
You hit on the solution right there.
If you want to use your drone for mapping, what you need to do is buy a regular controller and tablet.

Thanks. We are going to test fly with 3D Survey Pilot tomorrow. If it doesn't work (well) we will buy a GL300F.
2021-11-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules