1824 35 2021-11-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Hi, its become apparent that Mavic 3 drone will be missing many promised features as well as older features used in M2P . Once again dji have been very low keyed about this matter and many who have already purchased or are looking to purchase are completely in the DARK as to exactly what will come in this new year update. We don't know when it will come. Dji have charged a huge premium for this drone and you can bet they charge for all these features , "nothing is free in this world"
CAN SOMEONE FROM DJI COME HERE AND LET US KNOW WHEN AND WHAT FW WILL BE UPDATED

So if your missing features you expected needed or just plain wanted. Then list them out and we should demand dji let us know what and when we will get these features missing from this hugely expensive drone.

Some I know will be missing but are clearly in their Advertising Blurb.

Active Track 5.0 Mastershots
Waypoints. (Not advertised but was in M2P )
Quickshots
Follow modePOI
Burst Mode
Etc
Etc

2021-11-5
Use props
Cloudwalker
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I read somewhere the update will be in Jan 2022. Shame they did not have it ready to go upon the release though.
2021-11-5
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I agree. For example, does the M3 come with Active Track but not with version 5.0...or none at all?
2021-11-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

GaryDoug Posted at 11-5 12:27
I agree. For example, does the M3 come with Active Track but not with version 5.0...or none at all?

Well I’m not sure, but lets say it does and you manage to crash using it, something that may not have happened with AT5 which you signed up for. Its simply not good enough. Also dji have said nothing to those buying this drone information has come from some you tubers , but sketchy info.

I have tried to see if I can get a spect sheet for features but its nowhere to be found. Does this mean they haven’t made up their mind yet. We remember promised waypoints for M2P “well they arrived 13 months after release. If dji don’t come out and say what’s going to be added or what’s supposed to be included in this very expensive drone, then knowing dji there will be no hurry to implement what’s supposed to be due to Mavic3 owners.
2021-11-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Cloudwalker Posted at 11-5 12:24
I read somewhere the update will be in Jan 2022. Shame they did not have it ready to go upon the release though.

Ive heard the same, but none of this from DJI, they also have not issued a list of what should and will be in the drone.
2021-11-5
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I seem to remember the user manual with specs for the MA2 was not available until mine actually shipped. That made it hard to judge whether it was worth the price.

Edit a few minutes later: I see the user manual for the M3 is now availble for download. It has specs as usual.

2021-11-5
Use props
Maxi3D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

Precision landing.
2021-11-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

GaryDoug Posted at 11-5 12:41
I seem to remember the user manual with specs for the MA2 was not available until mine actually shipped. That made it hard to judge whether it was worth the price.

Edit a few minutes later: I see the user manual for the M3 is now availble for download. It has specs as usual.

I don’t see any flight modes automatic modes in that manual, its a pretty light manual overall so am presuming its not finished. Or maybe I need to update my app.
2021-11-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Maxi3D Posted at 11-5 12:49
Precision landing.

Again I’ve seen no mention of this.
2021-11-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

GaryDoug Posted at 11-5 12:41

Yeah looking at the manual “No intelligent flight modes”
2021-11-5
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-5 12:55
Again I’ve seen no mention of this.

Precision landing is in the user manual but no intelligent flight modes.
2021-11-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

GaryDoug Posted at 11-5 13:10
Precision landing is in the user manual but no intelligent flight modes.

Ok, its typical of dji to omit this kind of thing and expect that they have no responsibility to let buyers or owners know why something is missing, when will it be updated, what will it be and why was it not implemented in the first place. My guess is this will not be implemented until its ready and this could be in January or any month with an “R” in it.
2021-11-5
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13438648 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Maxi3D Posted at 11-5 12:49
Precision landing.

+1 for this but I think its automatic now as long as you fly to a certain height after take off and hover there for at least 5 to 7 seconds.
2021-11-5
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13438648 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

I really really want waypoints on this drone and for the price tag it should have it like the M2P. I always assumed this drone would be in the Go4 app because it is a prosumer drone and Go4 has much more features then the fly app.
2021-11-5
Use props
SFC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10322858 ft
  • >>>
United States

Any idea if they plan to put burst shots feature in this drone?  Quite a bit disappointed to see there's no mention of it.
2021-11-5
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Those promised features will be added in January of 2022 through the firmware update. You may refer to the picture below

Or here:
https://store.dji.com/ca/product/dji-mavic-3?vid=109821
Thanks for your understanding and support.
2021-11-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

New features will be added in January,   some of the YouTubers already have them in Beta,   Billy Kyle for example showed a short clip from Active Track 5 and he said he was blown away by it.
2021-11-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DAFlys Posted at 11-6 01:24
New features will be added in January,   some of the YouTubers already have them in Beta,   Billy Kyle for example showed a short clip from Active Track 5 and he said he was blown away by it.

I hope you’re right, it looks like we will only see two added features according to what Wanda said above. AT5 and mastershots. No mention of follow or POI waypoints etc. I do remember release of M2P waypoints were supposed to be imminent but it took a long time to see them.
2021-11-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

I have updated above, precision landing appears tp be there, if there is anymore let me know.
2021-11-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-5 23:06
Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Those promised features will be added in January of 2022 through the firmware update. You may refer to the picture below
[view_image]
Or here:

Thank you for your reply, however this does not explain anything about January or what’s missing from Mavic 3.
Dji need to let people know what’s coming and when .
2021-11-6
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

hallmark007 Posted at 11-6 02:39
Thank you for your reply, however this does not explain anything about January or what’s missing from Mavic 3.
Dji need to let people know what’s coming and when .

Please stay tuned to our official website for the functions update. Thanks for your understanding and support.
2021-11-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-6 03:19
Please stay tuned to our official website for the functions update. Thanks for your understanding and support.

People already paid a high premium for this drone, they shouldn’t be asked to keep checking dji website. They should be informed before buying or the very least given a date for what’s coming and not have to continually ask.

“This is like getting a Bicycle for Christmas but not being able to Ride it until Easter”
2021-11-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 11-6 02:00
I hope you’re right, it looks like we will only see two added features according to what Wanda said above. AT5 and mastershots. No mention of follow or POI waypoints etc. I do remember release of M2P waypoints were supposed to be imminent but it took a long time to see them.

This is what heliguy says.

Intelligent Shooting Modes
Mavic 3 offers a range of intelligent modes to help content creators capture compelling photos and videos.

These include:

MasterShots: Lets users create high-quality content more easily and quickly. After automatic editing and dubbing in the app, videos can be created in minutes and directly shared with friends.

Panorama Mode: Mavic 3 allows pictures to be directly stitched and processed by the drone, without the DJI Fly App or any post-production, allowing users to capture breathtaking landscapes with sweeping breadth and rich detail.

QuickTransfer: Lets users store and process materials on their mobile devices without linking with the remote controller. Mavic 3 can now transmit materials from the drone to the mobile device more quickly through the Wi-Fi 6 protocol.

These modes will be available in January 2022 through firmware updates.

I’d also read the >50fps was coming next year along with Active track 5.  But active track 4 is included.
2021-11-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DAFlys Posted at 11-6 04:27
This is what heliguy says.

Intelligent Shooting Modes

No quickshots no POI this mavic just now is bare bones.
2021-11-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 11-6 04:34
No quickshots no POI this mavic just now is bare bones.

It certainly going to be interesting to see what people actually get.    I see DJI say the original smart controller is not compatible but people that have it have a prompt to update for Mavic 3 support.  So it seems they are not all on the same page yet.
2021-11-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DAFlys Posted at 11-6 04:48
It certainly going to be interesting to see what people actually get.    I see DJI say the original smart controller is not compatible but people that have it have a prompt to update for Mavic 3 support.  So it seems they are not all on the same page yet.

Yeah, you would think 3 years they could have figured this out.
2021-11-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 11-6 04:50
Yeah, you would think 3 years they could have figured this out.

Im hoping they start to get delivered soon so we will see what it really comes with.  Any movement on yours?
2021-11-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DAFlys Posted at 11-6 04:57
Im hoping they start to get delivered soon so we will see what it really comes with.  Any movement on yours?

It moved but not very far, its now with DHL “still in China” lucky if I get it next week.
2021-11-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-6 03:19

Again you are not answering my question. What features are coming in January?, and when in January?
2021-11-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 11-6 06:06
It moved but not very far, its now with DHL “still in China” lucky if I get it next week.

DHL can be very quick or very slow, it’s always a gamble.  I’ve had stuff from Texas appear the next day with DHL without paying extra.   I hope you get it next week.
2021-11-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DAFlys Posted at 11-6 10:39
DHL can be very quick or very slow, it’s always a gamble.  I’ve had stuff from Texas appear the next day with DHL without paying extra.   I hope you get it next week.

Cheers, ill post as soon as it comes.
2021-11-6
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mine is due Monday (40 hours from now). I will try to test it then and post some screen shots of the app.
2021-11-6
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Most of these are software updates.  In due time they will show up like any other DJI drones.
2021-11-6
Use props
Max Phlanx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1223816 ft
United Kingdom

This guys really sums it all up regarding the tons of missing features. Honestly after taking a few days to absorb everything I think this has been a terrible launch of what looks like a great drone. How on earth can you charge prices like that for a product that is still far from finished. Who here would go out and buy a newer version of your favourite item only to find it missing most of the features the older version had?

It simply beggars belief I am sorry to say and this reflects very badly compared to the amazing Mavic 2 launch.

2021-11-10
Use props
Alex Ch
lvl.1

United States

Mavic 3 upgrade was installed but nothing changed
2021-12-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>