Smart controller compatible?
1250 13 2021-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
IBV Bob
lvl.3
Flight distance : 123707 ft
Sweden

I've already got a whole shelf filled with smart controllers.
This includes two smart controller enterprise.
Will the smart controller enterprise be compatible with the mavic 3 ?
Occusync 3 should be working at least on new hardware across the pro product line? The price for the Cine version would justify this customer friendly perspective.
2021-11-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. We are very sorry for the trouble caused. Series of compatibility tests are conducted and it is shown that the hardware of DJI Smart Controller cannot support all the requirements of the Mavic 3 video transmission system, which cannot guarantee a smooth and stable video transmission. Besides, DJI Smart Controller does not support DJI Cellular Transmission Dongle. Therefore, DJI Smart Controller cannot be used with DJI Mavic 3. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2021-11-7
Use props
IBV Bob
lvl.3
Flight distance : 123707 ft
Sweden

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-7 01:23
Hi, there. We are very sorry for the trouble caused. Series of compatibility tests are conducted and it is shown that the hardware of DJI Smart Controller cannot support all the requirements of the Mavic 3 video transmission system, which cannot guarantee a smooth and stable video transmission. Besides, DJI Smart Controller does not support DJI Cellular Transmission Dongle. Therefore, DJI Smart Controller cannot be used with DJI Mavic 3. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Understand. Thanks for the feedback!
2021-11-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

IBV Bob Posted at 11-7 05:19
Understand. Thanks for the feedback!

You're welcome. If you have other questions or concern, don't hesitate to contact us.
2021-11-9
Use props
cristiano1976pt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 322156 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-7 01:23

And what if we Users don't want Celluar Transmission or even 1080/60 fps. When we all only want that the old Smart Controller works like it was before? Even the shipped new Controller has not all the fancy features and also works with Occusync 2.0. So i see no really Technical problem to make it work. It is simple. Old Smart Controller less Features  - New Controller More Features. And we User can decide what we want.
2021-11-10
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

cristiano1976pt Posted at 11-10 08:11
And what if we Users don't want Celluar Transmission or even 1080/60 fps. When we all only want that the old Smart Controller works like it was before? Even the shipped new Controller has not all the fancy features and also works with Occusync 2.0. So i see no really Technical problem to make it work. It is simple. Old Smart Controller less Features  - New Controller More Features. And we User can decide what we want.

... but the new (smart) controller should use O3+, doesn't it?
2021-11-10
Use props
cristiano1976pt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 322156 ft
  • >>>
Germany

frankymusik Posted at 11-10 08:43

... but the new (smart) controller should use O3+, doesn't it?

Yes I am okay with it that the new one has more features and better battery life time and so on. That is not my Problem. But why can we not have the old Controller with less Functions and the same Specs what OS2 can.
2021-11-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

cristiano1976pt Posted at 11-11 06:33
Yes I am okay with it that the new one has more features and better battery life time and so on. That is not my Problem. But why can we not have the old Controller with less Functions and the same Specs what OS2 can.

This is simple, those who bought first SRC would not need a new one = much less sales.

I think at this stage comparing standard controller for M3 with SRC 1 its clear SCR 1 has more than enough tech to operate M3, and if there was any shortage of software to make it compatible it would not be difficult. But unfortunately its no longer a source of revenue for dji “SHAME”

Incredible they are bringing up the transmission dongle, has it passed dji by that most M3 will be sold with a bog standard RC which does not support Transmission Dongle.
This kind of answer “Excuse” says a lot about what is going on here.
We should all remember that on release of SRC 1 “dji promised that this would be compatible with future dji drones, I wonder about those guys who purchased first time for the Air2s , it must be a real kick in the Nuts for them guys and resale on it must be plummeting just now considering dji are now walking away from it.
2021-11-11
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 11-11 06:54
This is simple, those who bought first SRC would not need a new one = much less sales.

I think at this stage comparing standard controller for M3 with SRC 1 its clear SCR 1 has more than enough tech to operate M3, and if there was any shortage of software to make it compatible it would not be difficult. But unfortunately its no longer a source of revenue for dji “SHAME”

... I don't think it's that "easy" ...

I've seen a lot of YouTube videos where the writers have complained that the SC doesn't work that well with the Air 2 or the Air 2S.
Many had complained!
I also think that DJI doesn't want the new Mavic 3 not to be supported as well by the (old) SC as by the (much more modern) standard controller that is included ...
None of the users want that either!
I've always been very satisfied with the SC and the Air2, especially because of the brilliant screen and the robust construction. But, since I had bought the combo with the SC, I had no comparison to the standard controller ...
The sensitivity of the touchscreen was also not particularly good, compared to current smartphones ...
Unfortunately, the SC has a rather "old" hardware base. It also only runs an "ancient" Android operating system ...
1,000 EUR for the RC Pro is a lot of money, yes ... But I want to use the really best control with the Mavic 3, otherwise you "risk" too much if you do not recognize the screen (and all the information on it) in time ...
Maybe DJI will make the SC usable for the Mavic 3 after all, with the express reference that the functionality is a bit worse than with the standard controller supplied. If you don't fly "too far" then the (old) SC will surely be sufficient ...
But at the moment - the best of all consumer drones is just being launched on the market - nobody wants to hear or read that the SC can't do a lot of things that DJI had promised ...

These are just my thoughts ...

2021-11-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

frankymusik Posted at 11-11 23:47
... I don't think it's that "easy" ...

I've seen a lot of YouTube videos where the writers have complained that the SC doesn't work that well with the Air 2 or the Air 2S.

I think if you make tech that is promised to work with future tech then you should design this tech for that or new tech to cope with older, dji cannot have their cake and eat it and expect to get away with it. Standard controller for mavic 3 is O2 the same as SC1 it works fine for me with air2s and air also mini 2. The problem here is dji sold this unit as recently as a few months ago without informing particularly new users of its limits going forward and they were walking away from it.

Before SC1 we had purchased crystal sky, again a product with limited use and when SC1 was released there was uproar and dismay which led dji to come out and publicly promise this product was for the future, so yes i do believe its simple what dji should do for their customers and if its difficult to add software then that should be a price they pay.

If you want a new SC thats fine I got one myself they are not €1000 but 1100 an increase in price of 50% in 2 years material wise almost identical.

So if this is not easy for dji then my heart bleeds for them, but its simple what they should do for their customers.

2021-11-12
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 11-12 01:25
I think if you make tech that is promised to work with future tech then you should design this tech for that or new tech to cope with older, dji cannot have their cake and eat it and expect to get away with it. Standard controller for mavic 3 is O2 the same as SC1 it works fine for me with air2s and air also mini 2. The problem here is dji sold this unit as recently as a few months ago without informing particularly new users of its limits going forward and they were walking away from it.

Before SC1 we had purchased crystal sky, again a product with limited use and when SC1 was released there was uproar and dismay which led dji to come out and publicly promise this product was for the future, so yes i do believe its simple what dji should do for their customers and if its difficult to add software then that should be a price they pay.

I can of course understand these arguments very well! DJI "screwed up" that, that's true ...

That's why I also hope that DJI will make this (old) SC still compatible.
But the hope that "the old one" will work just as well (without O3 +) doesn't seem justified to me ...
Of course, further development must also be possible ... No company can do without new functions forever just because the users have "old" equipment.

2021-11-12
Use props
Mountaindrone-Dronefocus
First Officer
Flight distance : 26618251 ft
  • >>>
France

frankymusik Posted at 11-12 06:14
I can of course understand these arguments very well! DJI "screwed up" that, that's true ...

All companies must have an environmental responsibility in terms of sustainable development, and do everything to avoid making recent equipment operating correctly obsolete and useless, only for its profits.

As a consumer we have the responsibility to say stop to this type of behavior.
2021-11-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

frankymusik Posted at 11-12 06:14

Nobody has asked or said it should work as well as the newest pro remote. And if people want to buy new pro remote then just give them a choice, don,t just take their money and cut them off.
2021-11-12
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 11-12 09:38
Nobody has asked or said it should work as well as the newest pro remote. And if people want to buy new pro remote then just give them a choice, don,t just take their money and cut them off.

Yes, of course, you can expect that ...
2021-11-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules