633 10 2021-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
D. Brent
lvl.4
Flight distance : 100331 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I'm curious whether Mavic Pro 2 owvers (such as myself) will upgrade to the MP3?

If yes, or no, what are your reasons?

For the photographers, i recommend dowloading the DNG files from Dronexl to comapre. This has helped me make my decision.
2021-11-6
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am one, and I ordered M3 Cine.
Reasoning:
I shoot mostly sunsets, larger sensor equals less noise and smoother transition.
Longer flight time means less chances running of of juice and missing the light.
And new RC means Incan get up faster and don't the fuss with cables.
I am also looking forward to new features, such as in-drone 100MP pano, new creative modes, etc.
And if they come out in January... It is what it is,  I can wait. I waited 3 years for this anyway, 3 months would not make a difference.
As for the price, comparing to how much my camera bodies, lenses and studio equipment costs... This is is barely a dent.
2021-11-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Im not for now,   one review I saw showed the M2P camera was performing better for noise is some conditions,   I will wait until next years revised firmware is released and then decide.
2021-11-7
Use props
D. Brent
lvl.4
Flight distance : 100331 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 11-7 01:23
Im not for now,   one review I saw showed the M2P camera was performing better for noise is some conditions,   I will wait until next years revised firmware is released and then decide.

yeah, I saw that review also. Once I played with the DNG files (above link) I noticed the difference with each version. The detail in the shadows and dynamic range are much better in the MP3 DNG files.
2021-11-7
Use props
Mharz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4759560 ft
  • >>>
United States

The M2P has been my workhorse since I got it and I ordered the Cine.  Micro 4/3 sensor on a foldable drone.  Done and done.

2021-11-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Recently purchased a mint condition M2P for a steal of a price and really like it a lot.  Plan was to fly it for a while and then pass it down to my grandson (like I did with a Mini and Mini 2) and buy the M3P.  However, I'm going to hold off on my buying decision until next years projected revised firmware is released.  Sorry, but I have trust issues with accepting an IOU from DJI.
2021-11-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

D. Brent Posted at 11-7 02:08
yeah, I saw that review also. Once I played with the DNG files (above link) I noticed the difference with each version. The detail in the shadows and dynamic range are much better in the MP3 DNG files.

Im waiting for some real world examples.   Im happy enough with the M2P camera at the moment,  and chasing pixels isnt everything.
2021-11-7
Use props
SaltyPilot
lvl.1
Flight distance : 37756 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-7 01:23
Im not for now,   one review I saw showed the M2P camera was performing better for noise is some conditions,   I will wait until next years revised firmware is released and then decide.

Can you post a link to this video? Thanks!
2021-11-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SaltyPilot Posted at 11-7 06:46

I already have.  on Friday.
2021-11-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Here it is again.

2021-11-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There is also this one -

2021-11-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules