Airsense behavior if helicopter is VERY VERY close . . .
1565 9 2021-11-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mike90210
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1183556 ft
United States

I attempted to post this question yesterday but I don't see it in my 'posts' (maybe I didn't click submit).

I was flying my air 2s with latest firmware and latest fly app (about 130 feet high) when out of nowhere a helicpoter appears VERY VERY CLOSE (maybe 1000 feet away).

The DJI fly app started repeating a message about manned aircraft and used the word "automatically".  It kept repeating it over and over again, very emphatically.

I wish I remembered the full text.

1. Does anyone know what the full text was?  (it ended with the word "automatically").

Interestingly, it didn't seem to do anything automatically.  It didn't lower my drone, it didn't force a landing. It still allowed me to control it.

2.  Was was "automatically" meant to convey?

Thanks,
Mike

2021-11-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Upload your flight log and see if its mentioned.   http://phantomhelp.com/logviewer/
2021-11-7
Use props
sduck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4315098 ft
United States

I got that too, twice in two days. Extremely annoying, as it doesn't stop once the helicopter is gone. The only way to stop it is to land, close the app and delete it from the background, and restart everything. Needs to be fixed!
2021-11-7
Use props
Mike90210
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1183556 ft
United States

@sduck: do you remember the full phrase?

(I'm embarrassed I don't as it repeated so many times :-)

Tonight a got a bunch of repeating "fly cautiously, fly cautiously" over & over again, but it did eventually stop when the helicopter got far enough away.

-Mike
2021-11-7
Use props
sduck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4315098 ft
United States

I don't remember what it was saying the first day, and the second time I had the volume turned down really low so I couldn't really hear it. Something about "Automatic obstacle avoidance..." or something?
2021-11-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Mike. Thank you for reaching out thank you for sharing these information with us. For reference the DJI AirSense is an alert system that uses ADS-B technology to give drone pilots enhanced situational awareness and help them make responsible decisions while flying. This feature gathers flight data sent automatically from nearby aircraft with ADS-B transmitters, analyzing it to detect potential collision risks and alert users well in advance through the DJI mobile application. In addition, I will post a DJI link where in you can read more about the DJI AirSense ( https://www.dji.com/flysafe/airsense ).  Thank you.
2021-11-7
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

If the message appeared in the top left in the same place where the "In Flight" text appears during normal flight then you can click on any message there and it will show you the full message. I never had this kind of warning because I don't fly the Air 2S
2021-11-9
Use props
Crater1
lvl.2

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2021-11-7 19:25
Hello there Mike. Thank you for reaching out thank you for sharing these information with us. For reference the DJI AirSense is an alert system that uses ADS-B technology to give drone pilots enhanced situational awareness and help them make responsible decisions while flying. This feature gathers flight data sent automatically from nearby aircraft with ADS-B transmitters, analyzing it to detect potential collision risks and alert users well in advance through the DJI mobile application. In addition, I will post a DJI link where in you can read more about the DJI AirSense ( https://www.dji.com/flysafe/airsense ).  Thank you.

I don’t think the real question has been answered yet. WHAT is the drone doing when it is repeating, “Automatic Avoidance”? If the drone is actually automatically avoiding a manned aircraft, the drone pilot should not override it. But, if it’s not, the drone pilot should manually avoid the other aircraft. If the drone is NOT automatically avoiding the manned aircraft, the ALERT should be changed.,
2022-7-15
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

https://forum.dji.com/thread-253973-1-1.html
2022-7-15
Use props
Air2Game
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1757375 ft
  • >>>
United States

sduck Posted at 2021-11-7 15:43
I got that too, twice in two days. Extremely annoying, as it doesn't stop once the helicopter is gone. The only way to stop it is to land, close the app and delete it from the background, and restart everything. Needs to be fixed!

You can turn airsense off in the app. I sometimes do that when it ets annoying enough.
2022-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules