iPad!!!
734 8 2015-8-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
launchpad72
lvl.1

United States

I am having a hell of a time viewing live video from the iPad. The glare is so bad at times I can't make out anything. Bought a sun shield but that does not fix the fact most of the time all I see is me looking back. Any ideas how to fix this? What do you use to correct it?
2015-8-1
Use props
jhall651
lvl.3

United States

I am having the same issue at times.  I am going to buy an anti-glare screen protector and see if that helps.  I agree with you about the sunshade.  I was a pretty disappointed with it's lack of help.  I'm not really sure it helps at all.
2015-8-1
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

It's your gleaming personality Hall. Nothing will dull that buddy! Lol
2015-8-1
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

Trying to find a place where you can stand in the shade when flying helps a lot.

Also, the iPad Air 2 has a better, less reflective screen (unfortunately I've not confirmed this myself as I'm currently flying with an iPad Air - and iPhone 6). By the way - the iPhone 6 also has a better, less reflective screen for sunny conditions.

PS: Personally I'm waiting to upgrade my iPad till hopefully an iPad Air 3 is launched in the fall.
2015-8-1
Use props
P3PO
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16083 ft
United States

I use the DJI hood and have installed a matte anti-glare screen protector on my iPad mini and that did the trick. I also don't have to have my brightness cranked to max all the time, just when I need a little more brightness. This has also been great for my daily use of the iPad as i don't get the fingerprints anymore on the screen and it looks great.

I purchased this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product ... _detailpage_o03_s00
2015-8-2
Use props
dlongcamp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 755988 ft
  • >>>
United States

P3PO Posted at 2015-8-2 19:54
I use the DJI hood and have installed a matte anti-glare screen protector on my iPad mini and that d ...

Pad hat works well for iPads.    Its kind of a funny shape because they angle it at 70 degrees so that it actually blocks out the light.  The drawback to that is you have to have your iPad almost flat on the controller to get around that angle however it really does block out the light.  Ive tried the regular sunshades and they help but I had the same problem with the glare so the best solution I found is the pad hat and just deal with the less desirable angle but can actually see the screen.  Just my 2 cents.  
2015-8-2
Use props
CaveDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11549 ft
United States

antiglare screen cover works wonders,    on cloudy days i don't need the sunshade
2015-8-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I just hold the screen close to my chest, and get a quck glimpse now and then. Fly by LOS most of the time.

Be grateful to have the warm Sun of summer. In a few short weeks, it will be fall... Then we will be grumbling that it's not as bright out. ;-)

Enjoy the awesome weather while we have it on our side. When winter unexpectantly arrives, it will be too late.

RedHotPoker
2015-8-2
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

I have a sunhoof with my ipad air2 but i still cant see well, the only real solution is a goggle i think plus you get even less latency
2015-8-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules