Air 2S FWD and BKWD sensors not available
1755 7 2021-11-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Love Flying Drone
lvl.1
United States

Hello,

I get the message in my app when I am in flight that my FWD and BKWD sensors are not available. How do I go about fixing this? It flys with no issues but would prefer the sensors to work.
2021-11-8
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

There are quite a few modes and/or flight parameters that the sensors are turned off by design. Most notably, when in sport mode or at night/low light. When are you seeing this message?
2021-11-8
Use props
Love Flying Drone
lvl.1
United States

Thank you for your reply. I did have it in sport mode when it started but I tested it in Cine mode as well and they still have not come back. The only other thing I did differently was a hyper lapse for the first time but I don't know if that would've triggered anything? It appears in night and sunlight.
2021-11-8
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Love Flying Drone Posted at 11-8 12:09
Thank you for your reply. I did have it in sport mode when it started but I tested it in Cine mode as well and they still have not come back. The only other thing I did differently was a hyper lapse for the first time but I don't know if that would've triggered anything? It appears in night and sunlight.

Hi,

These sensors need light to work ; so in the dark they do not function.
Direct sunlight into the sensors ; doesn`t work too.

cheers
JJB
2021-11-8
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

Love Flying Drone Posted at 11-8 12:09
Thank you for your reply. I did have it in sport mode when it started but I tested it in Cine mode as well and they still have not come back. The only other thing I did differently was a hyper lapse for the first time but I don't know if that would've triggered anything? It appears in night and sunlight.

Hyperlapse shouldn't change anything. Make sure the avoidance is enabled in the app (under the "safety" tab in the settings menu). Then try re-installing the app and then refresh the firmware using the DJI Assistant program ( for the Air2S since there are different versions of the program for different models)
2021-11-8
Use props
RJn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1845039 ft
France

jmb63 Posted at 11-8 13:02
Hyperlapse shouldn't change anything. Make sure the avoidance is enabled in the app (under the "safety" tab in the settings menu). Then try re-installing the app and then refresh the firmware using the DJI Assistant program ( for the Air2S since there are different versions of the program for different models)

I encountered this situation a few times in broad daylight in a natural environment. It troubled me. But it is not frequent.
2021-11-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, could you please provide us with a screenshot to check the error message? Please power off and on the aircraft to see if the message still exists. You may also clean the sensors to see if it helps.
2021-11-9
Use props
Love Flying Drone
lvl.1
United States

Thank all of you. I will test all of these out then follow back up with you.
2021-11-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules