Any way to re-create video cache in mobile device?
399 3 2021-11-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EnjoyFlying
lvl.3
United States

With the "Cache recording" disabled, is there a way to re-create the "cache video" in mobile device after flying/recording?

I want to get the "cache" video (compressed format) instead of downloading the original ones, on my mobile device for quick viewing only.

2021-11-9
Use props
Popeye1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 511722 ft

United Kingdom

Look in  Djifly / Videocache folder, see if anything is in there. If it’s Android you’ll have to dig a bit deeper.
2021-11-9
Use props
EnjoyFlying
lvl.3
United States

Popeye1 Posted at 11-9 10:09
Look in  Djifly / Videocache folder, see if anything is in there. If it’s Android you’ll have to dig a bit deeper.

Thanks for your tips, but there won't be any as I have disabled the "Cache recording", therefore I am wondering if there is any way to "re-create" them thru DJI Fly, from the aircraft afterwards.  

And reason I want the cache video instead of the original video on my SD card is that they are well compressed and save me a lot of space on my mobile device.  Honestly, I don't think that is possible as I assume the "cache video" was actually being recorded on the mobile device itself during flying.  But, still want to confirm that on here.  

Thanks for input
2021-11-9
Use props
Popeye1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 511722 ft

United Kingdom

EnjoyFlying Posted at 11-9 11:06
Thanks for your tips, but there won't be any as I have disabled the "Cache recording", therefore I am wondering if there is any way to "re-create" them thru DJI Fly, from the aircraft afterwards.  

And reason I want the cache video instead of the original video on my SD card is that they are well compressed and save me a lot of space on my mobile device.  Honestly, I don't think that is possible as I assume the "cache video" was actually being recorded on the mobile device itself during flying.  But, still want to confirm that on here.  

You won’t be able to recreate the cache file size. Download to PC or Mac. You could then use software to reduce file size. Or just switch on video cache in the app for future flights... very small file size.
2021-11-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules