673 6 2021-11-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JohnnyMac41
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5607 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a Mavic 2 Pro and a Mavic 2 Zoom, and have a total of 7 batteries for them.

They have been charged between 16 and 34 times, and I'm using the lesser-times-charged ones primarily in order to let them catch up. The big discrepency is because three of them I received when I purchased the Pro used, and those three had twice as many charges as my original four for the Zoom, which I purchased new.

I've watched many videos on these units, and when it comes to the batteries, one comment said that to keep them from swelling up, do not use them under 30%, or 3.7 volts. Another video on Mavic 2 battery charging mentioned the best storage range is between 3.85 and 3.95 volts.

So it sounds like the best might be to run them down to about 35%, or 3.7v, then bring it back and change batteries. That way I don't have to add juice to them to store, and waste a charging cycle. Since I have 7 batteries, I can easily do that but it becomes more work and landing cycles.

SO MY QUESTION: What is the general consensus to get the optimal like out of a Mavic 2 battery, and keep it from swelling? I don't charge them to 100% and store them, as I know that is the worst thing to do to them. Is 3.7v the magic number?

Thanks,

John Mc

2021-11-10
Use props
UKMoose
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3657552 ft
United Kingdom

Hi johnny
I have the original Mavic Pro, but battery care seems to be the same, I fly down to 30/35% then when back home and batteries are cool I charge them back to about 50/55% (the third light flashing) when I see the third light start flashing I give the battery another 3 minutes charging and then take off. I've never had any problems.
2021-11-10
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

Sounds like a good plan to me. I have a Mavic 2 Pro and I would like to get as much wear out of my 5 batteries, so I think you have a good idea there.
If you don't mind stopping and starting flights to change batteries, go for it.
2021-11-10
Use props
UKMoose
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3657552 ft
United Kingdom

I believe if you start recharge from above 30% maybe 35% the charge cycles does not increase, at least my original Mavic Pro batteries don't. Easy to check that yourself.
2021-11-10
Use props
JohnnyMac41
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5607 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the responses, I'll give that a try and see how it adds up on the charging cycles.

I'd rather swap batteries than have to replace them, that's for sure.

Another couple of years and we'll all be on to other drone models in all liklihood, so best to get the most out of these, right?

Appreciate the help!
2021-11-10
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17352513 ft
Sweden

JohnnyMac41 Posted at 11-10 09:14
Thanks for the responses, I'll give that a try and see how it adds up on the charging cycles.

I'd rather swap batteries than have to replace them, that's for sure.

Have heard some experts here in the forum about batteries and they have said that run them down to about 3.8 volts per cell, never lower. This does unfortunately not match with the setting DJI sets for return to home of 25% which is bit lower. It would be lower that 3.8 Volts. Then charge them up to 50-55% for storage by charging them and turn off charging when the 3rd led juts starts flashing which is about 50 % and 3.85V That person has been using Lipos for many years running RC model plains using Lipos. DJI said that the battery counter turns over when a fully charged battery  goes down from full by 75%. That person also said that the batteries should be good for 300 charges. I hope hi is right.
2021-11-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there John Mc. Good day and thank you for sharing these information with us. The DJI Mavic 2 Pro has an Auto-Discharging function to prevent the battery for swelling, the battery automatically discharges to less than 70% of the maximum battery level when it is idle for more than 10 days. It takes approximately three to four days to discharge the said battery to 60%. It is normal to feel moderate heat being emitted from the battery during the discharging process. For additional reference I will post a list for on how to store the intelligent flight battery and safety guidelines. Thank you.

2021-11-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules