flight altitude restricted to 5 meters
1231 13 2021-11-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rulz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 386781 ft
Austria

I'd like to know why my flight altitude was restricted to 5 meters. I was in the mountains with no restrictions. The only thing I noticed was that I didn't have enough GPS satellites. Any comment will be appreciated!
IMG_20211103_103022.jpg
2021-11-10
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yup, Insufficient GPS will do that...I have had that happen.
2021-11-10
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

page 47 of the manual https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... anual_v1.0_enIV.pdf
"Flight Limits DJI Fly App
Max Altitude
Height is restricted to 30 m when the GNSS signal is weak.                           Warning: Height limit reached.
Height is restricted to 5 m when the GNSS signal is weak                                          ''
and light conditions is not sufficient."

Max Radius The restrictions on the radius are disabled and warning prompts cannot be received in
the app

Though there is an interesting bit beneath that  ''The altitude limit when the GNSS is weak will not be restricted if there was a strong GPS signal
when the aircraft was powered on.''

2021-11-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there rulz. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try flying your DJI drone to a different location where there us sufficient GPS for us to be able to see if the issue will still persist? Thank you.
2021-11-10
Use props
rulz
lvl.1
Austria

jmb63 Posted at 11-10 17:11
Yup, Insufficient GPS will do that...I have had that happen.

Thanks jmb63. I appreciate your comment!
2021-11-11
Use props
Hrodnand
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2972293 ft
Romania

On a side note, always wait for it to receive signal from at least 15 satellites before taking off, otherwise you risk the controls and positioning to malfunction.
2021-11-11
Use props
rulz
lvl.1
Austria

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-10 20:06
Hello there rulz. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try flying your DJI drone to a different location where there us sufficient GPS for us to be able to see if the issue will still persist? Thank you.

As soon as I can, I will!! I'll let you know.
Thanks for your prompt reply!
2021-11-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

rulz Posted at 11-11 03:20
As soon as I can, I will!! I'll let you know.
Thanks for your prompt reply!

Hi there rulz. Thank you for the reply and for this update. Kindly please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2021-11-11
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

There is no single number of that you need to wait for.
Wait for the drone to record it's home point.
Sometimes that might require more than 10 or 15 sats, sometimes it could happen with less.
2021-11-12
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Easiest way is to wait to see the GPS icon top right to colour from red>amber>white.
Amber = enough satellites to fly in a stabilized GPS mode. (numbers to colour amber - various)
At white = HP is set, ready for flying.

cheers
JJB
2021-11-12
Use props
rulz
lvl.1
Austria

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-11 21:40
Hi there rulz. Thank you for the reply and for this update. Kindly please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

Hi DJI Stephen, I had the change to burn some batteries last weekend ant everything worked perfect. All the comments are right, the problem was due to insufficient GPS (GNSS). I flew it up to 120 mts.
Thank you all for your contributions!
2021-11-16
Use props
rulz
lvl.1
Austria

Ramon Posted at 11-12 02:39
no inicie vuelo con menos de 10 satelites,saludos

Gracias Ramon!
2021-11-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

rulz Posted at 11-16 07:16
Hi DJI Stephen, I had the change to burn some batteries last weekend ant everything worked perfect. All the comments are right, the problem was due to insufficient GPS (GNSS). I flew it up to 120 mts.
Thank you all for your contributions!

Hi there rulz. You are very much welcome and it is great to know that the issue has been rectified. If you have any other concerns or any inquiries with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. Thank you.
2021-11-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules