For Mods ONLY ! Please answer this IMPORTANT question!
543 10 2021-11-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FB: GeoDrone4K
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Dear DJI Mods,

Please inform us if Mavic 3 will have the controls for Saturation/Contrast/Sharpness ?
And if it does, when is planned to be released?

Is important to know IF we will have it, as a lot of M2P users know how handy it was to have it and you cannot make a proper video without them.

Thank you !
2021-11-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

+1. Would like to know this too.   Its very important for a M2P user here that might like to upgrade.
2021-11-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Good one.
I can't understand how they could have introduced a pro drone without this.
2021-11-11
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Sorry, sorry, sorry, of course I'm not a mod either ...

But,
isn't the adjustment of "Saturation / Contrast / Sharpness" a post-production task?
On the PC (with a large monitor and the many analysis options) you can assess the result of the "post-processing" much better than on the smartphone (live) or the DJI RC Pro, right?
4 or 5 K on a small control monitor (the resolution is also greatly reduced during live transmission) ... ???
I can hardly imagine a big advantage!
And, when the above values are "burned in" into the "raw material", then you can hardly improve much later, right ...?
I think that these "requirements" do not have to be met ...

2021-11-12
Use props
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

frankymusik Posted at 11-12 00:00
Sorry, sorry, sorry, of course I'm not a mod either ...

But,

No, you cannot because we do not talk about home works here, but cinematic works.
Also the artefacts that appear from sharpness you cannot correct in post without affecting the whole quality.
Contrast is a MUST because in RAW you get the recovery of low light given by contrast settings then you can work with it, but if you don't have it, in post you need to work with LOG profile that I have already seen that is with problems in contrast (overcontrast = loose the 0-5% shadows).

So to answer your question: NO, some things needs to be done starting with RAW recording, not in post.
PS. Seems that MODS from DJI does not see this post or they just don't want to see it...????
2021-11-12
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

FB: GeoDrone4K Posted at 11-12 01:18
No, you cannot because we do not talk about home works here, but cinematic works.
Also the artefacts that appear from sharpness you cannot correct in post without affecting the whole quality.
Contrast is a MUST because in RAW you get the recovery of low light given by contrast settings then you can work with it, but if you don't have it, in post you need to work with LOG profile that I have already seen that is with problems in contrast (overcontrast = loose the 0-5% shadows).

PS. Seems that MODS from DJI does not see this post or they just don't want to see it...????

You seem surprised.
The mods here don't answer real questions and have no technical knowledge.
They give copy and paste replies like:

Hello there xyz.  Good day and thank you for posting this wonderful aerial video you have filmed/found. Great work and keep flying.

Hello there xyz. Good day and thank you for these information that you have shared with us. I will cascade these information to the designated DJI department for further attention. All significant suggestions or requests will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest updates on DJI please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your support.

Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. I hope that our valued DJI members can provide the best information for this inquiry. Thank you for your valued support

Just a reminder that DJI does not recommend you to your 3rd party accessories on your DJI products.

Hello there xyz. Good day and thank you for sharing these information and your valued insights with regards to this matter. For additional reference and to learn more about our different DJI products and DJI drones kindly please visit our official website at www.dji.com for more details. Thank you and keep flying.
2021-11-12
Use props
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

Labroides Posted at 11-12 02:35
You seem surprised.
The mods here don't answer real questions and have no technical knowledge.

2021-11-12
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Right now, doing all these adjustments with the screen of a phone, ipad and whatever else you are using is very inconvenient.
2021-11-12
Use props
Maxi3D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

Weren't those done in post in editing software?
2021-11-12
Use props
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

Hunter Haopeng Chen

May I ask do you mean the D-Log mode? D-Log is a greyscale mode created for post-production. D-Log mode can provide higher dynamic range, more scene details, and lowest contrast and sharpness, which offers more color editing freedom. But when shooting, there are no settings you mentioned.

So, DJI answer: there will be no control over LOG profile...
2021-11-13
Use props
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

Maxi3D Posted at 11-12 12:49
Weren't those done in post in editing software?

You can but will never have the quality like direct recording with this settings...and this is because you cannot have the same algorithm like the one implemented for extra sharpness in order to reduce it exactly as it was applied.
Also the artifacts and noise that will come from this in low light will be seen as a "jelly" with artefacts, and even if you decrease in post the sharpness, you will not be able to have same thing.
But @DAFlys and @Montfrooij can also tell their opinions on this, as they operate also M2P as I know, and they know for sure the difference in Sharpness -2 at that sensor .
2021-11-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules