Pro and Cons buying second hand from Ebay, online auctions
816 4 2021-11-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_47ly17ArsEvt
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Pros and Cons buying second hand DJI products from websites like ebay.

Example. You buy product and the battery is flat.
Example. POCKET 2 serial number locked and cant use the camera.

Any more exampes to help others out.

My exampke .I got a POCKET 2 camera from ebay and the serial is locked. I contacted the seller. Who replied. BROUGHT AS IT IS. That trouble buying second hand.

2021-11-11
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I bought a Pocket 2 new direct from DJI.   I paired it with my Android smartphone (Samsung Galaxy S9) and subsequently discovered that it will only pair with that phone and no other. When I tried to connect to another of my phones, nothing would induce the P2 to pair.  Not a problem at the moment, but when I eventually want to upgrade my phone I'm not sure the P2 will accept it.  No suggestion I received from either the forum or DJI helpers has solved the problem.   I'm guessing, but maybe this is the problem you're stuck with.  A call or email to DJI may help?
2021-11-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GavinHR bought a locked drone from ebay and DJI replaced it for him,   might be worth a try.  Here'd the video where he tells the story.   
2021-11-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Caveat emptor.  Let the buy beware.  

Anytime you buy something that is  listed "as is" and you can't see it before purchase means you are taking a huge risk.  Unfortunately, it all comes down to whether you are dealing with an honest seller and quite a bit of good luck.  

Sorry your purchase did not work out.  
2021-11-16
Use props
Papachylo
lvl.2

United States

Suppliers on eBay are only increasing their sales, so they are always improving
2021-11-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules