692 17 2021-11-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SkyJax Aerial
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4127283 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I'm really quite surprised no one is talking about the fact that we have no way of controlling the shutter speed, aperture, and iso on the controller. The only option to do so is by clicking on the settings on the screen via the fly app

Even if we upgraded to the RC Pro,the right dial only adjusts the zoom on the telephoto camera which is weird because the 4/3rds camera is the primary camera so it makes sense that the right dial should  control the shutter and aperture and not the zoom camera.

Does this bother anyone else or is it just me?
2021-11-11
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I agree. Just more pain to suffer in the GO --> Fly app transition.
2021-11-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Oh wow, I never realized they left it out.
Assumed it was there.
That is a real setback.
2021-11-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I didnt realise they changed that on the smart controller.  Sad news.
2021-11-12
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I also very much hope that the operation in this regard can still be optimized ...
2021-11-12
Use props
SkyJax Aerial
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I hope so and the only way to make DJI change it’s course is to voice that we want to be able to control thr shutter speed from the right dial as we always have been able to.
2021-11-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

The pro remote has 3 customizable buttons and a 5d button, and yes you can set to shutter and aperture,
2021-11-12
Use props
SkyJax Aerial
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

hallmark007 Posted at 11-12 02:04
The pro remote has 3 customizable buttons and a 5d button, and yes you can set to shutter and aperture,

The pro has a c1 and 2 plus the 5D. I asked DJI for a list of the customizable options and they weren’t able to give me any. If you’re hands on I’d love to see a screenshot of all the options that are customizable to those 3 buttons
2021-11-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

SkyJax Aerial Posted at 11-12 02:27
The pro has a c1 and 2 plus the 5D. I asked DJI for a list of the customizable options and they weren’t able to give me any. If you’re hands on I’d love to see a screenshot of all the options that are customizable to those 3 buttons

I’m not hands on but i have read the specs on pro remote and video from YT has said button wheel can be used for shutter camera controls, you can search YT guy called Stewart Scottish or ill see if I can find it for you. Below find some screenshots and FAQ. Quick start guide manual is available on downloads on dji.com
2021-11-12
Use props
SkyJax Aerial
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-12 02:42
I’m not hands on but i have read the specs on pro remote and video from YT has said button wheel can be used for shutter camera controls, you can search YT guy called Stewart Scottish or ill see if I can find it for you. Below find some screenshots and FAQ. Quick start guide manual is available on downloads on dji.com[view_image][view_image][view_image]

Didn’t see that right button also works as a customizable button.

I’ve watched Stuart Carrols videos abs I don’t recall him talking about thr smart controller.

But regardless, I would expect a drone like this one to have a better standard controller and not reuse a controller from entry level drones.

They need to go back and redesign it to mimic a smaller P4P controller.

2021-11-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

SkyJax Aerial Posted at 11-12 02:56
Didn’t see that right button also works as a customizable button.

I’ve watched Stuart Carrols videos abs I don’t recall him talking about thr smart controller.

Fully agree on the standard controller, this drone really shows up it weakness, I would imagine many will give the same feed back, so this may result in a change of RC but not for a couple of years yet.

The pro looks and sounds impressive, but the price is colossal, I purchased because not having to use my phone and cables makes perfect sense to me.
2021-11-12
Use props
MP2884
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23320 ft
Austria

I'm very very disappointed from the standard RC and also from the Fly App.
You pay almost twice the price from the Mavic 2 Pro, but the handling with the RC and Fly App is twice as bad before - that really sucks :-(
2021-11-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-12 03:07
Fully agree on the standard controller, this drone really shows up it weakness, I would imagine many will give the same feed back, so this may result in a change of RC but not for a couple of years yet.

The pro looks and sounds impressive, but the price is colossal, I purchased because not having to use my phone and cables makes perfect sense to me.

Did you receive your Mavic 3 yet hallmark?
2021-11-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

MP2884 Posted at 11-12 05:22
I'm very very disappointed from the standard RC and also from the Fly App.
You pay almost twice the price from the Mavic 2 Pro, but the handling with the RC and Fly App is twice as bad before - that really sucks :-(

I'm definitely not in the market for a Mavic 3 after reading this. (I was considering it once available for a better price on the 2nd hand market)
It is simply not acceptable for me that they force you into buying yet another very expensive device (or combo).
We need a better competitor so they can't be doing this without us running away .
2021-11-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-12 05:23
Did you receive your Mavic 3 yet hallmark?

No not yet stuck in china somewhere and so far not traceable.
2021-11-12
Use props
FRCornelis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1252884 ft
  • >>>
United States

Count me in, I can't believe they just slapped RC from the Mini 2 and called the day for a 2k+ product.
2021-11-12
Use props
Mountaindrone-Dronefocus
First Officer
Flight distance : 26618251 ft
  • >>>
France

We need to connect smartcontoller on this mavic 3...
DJI, you must do it !!!
2021-11-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-12 09:40
No not yet stuck in china somewhere and so far not traceable.

Seems a bunch got stuck at customs in Ellenwood, Georgia here in the states.  U.S. Customs claims the delay is caused by a lack of proper importation paperwork.  

Hopefully you will have yours in hand soon.  
2021-11-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules