422 5 2021-11-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FRCornelis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1252884 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mavic 3 will be my first drone under the FLY APP, not sure if I'm too happy about it if lacking waypoints, tap-to-fly, etc... I wonder if Cine flight mode (equivalent to tripod in M2P) the speed can be adjusted as you could with GO 4 or is it a fixed speed while in the mode?

Thank you-
2021-11-11
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

... Cine mode (or tripod mode) can always be used with the Fly app like the other modes!
The maximum airspeed is "significantly" reduced in this mode, but not constant, but of course controllable (using the right control stick).
The (maximum) speed of the gimbel and the speed of rotation of the drone (around the vertical axis) can also be limited separately, so that smooth movements can be implemented more easily, even with intense movements of the sticks or the gimbal wheel ...

2021-11-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

From what I’ve seen on YT it seems cine mode is now much more like tripod as it was on P4pro and M2P . Waypoints well that is a bit of a mystery, no dji drone using fly app has had waypoints or no third party company including litchi have been able to create a satisfactory auto program. So unless there is some magic in the sdk and dji hand it over to third parties I’m afraid we will be flying commando.
2021-11-12
Use props
FRCornelis
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thank you for your comments and yes, I'm well aware that no other DJI drone using the FLY APP has waypoints at the moment, unfortunately I didn't think about it when I sold my M2P combo and placed the Mavic 3 order with DJI. You would think that Mavic 3 being the direct replacement  will have at least the same core features from the product being replaced. I remember back in 2018 when Mavic 2 was released all the madness about missing precision landing -remember that? missing an iconic feature available from even the older Phantom line, DJI didn't have any plans to add it, nor was in the user manual as a *coming feature (like waypoints on Mavic 2 actually was) but eventually DJI added precision landing after all the controversy. I really hope this is the case with waypoints for the Mavic 3, this drone ain't cheap by any means and I'm sure that DJI can program the feature to the newer FLY APP regardless -or at least let us have the option to use GO 4 with it! My M3 is arriving today and I'm excited about it but with a bit of sadness, I don't mind waiting for a firmware update like the one coming in JAN, 2022 but unfortunately without any mentions about waypoints in it, I would like to be reassured. I hope DJI will reconsider this after hearing many customer are unhappy about it, after all this is a very useful feature that clearly many are using. I appreciate the simplicity on the new FLY APP, less busy interface, less convoluted and less menu digging to find options, but I believe they don't have to sacrifice functionality over simplicity on a product that costs this much and it's also replacing their flagship.

Don't get me started with the look and fell of the standard controller, they could at least matched the color with the aircraft? I was expecting some sort of LCD screen with some telemetry, at least a tiny one? as every other RC with the Mavic Pro lineup, leave alone C1 & C2 buttons no longer available in favor of the FN button, no wheel for EV adjustments? but I guess DJI slapped the same RC from Mini 2 to save money -the solution? buy the new and improved Smart Controller v2 which is now 300 dollars higher than its predecessor. LoL I do like however the fact that I'm not going to be fighting with my cell phone trying to fit the foldable clamps and aligning the connector with the charging port that required me to remove the phone case, what a nightmare that was. I never handled this new remote design, I hope it won't feel cheap on the hands and the fixed antenna / holder combo to be as reliable as the Mavic 2 normal adjusting antennas in the reception / range department.
2021-11-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

FRCornelis Posted at 11-12 08:43
Thank you for your comments and yes, I'm well aware that no other DJI drone using the FLY APP has waypoints at the moment, unfortunately I didn't think about it when I sold my M2P combo and placed the Mavic 3 order with DJI. You would think that Mavic 3 being the direct replacement  will have at least the same core features from the product being replaced. I remember back in 2018 when Mavic 2 was released all the madness about missing precision landing -remember that? missing an iconic feature available from even the older Phantom line, DJI didn't have any plans to add it, nor was in the user manual as a *coming feature (like waypoints on Mavic 2 actually was) but eventually DJI added precision landing after all the controversy. I really hope this is the case with waypoints for the Mavic 3, this drone ain't cheap by any means and I'm sure that DJI can program the feature to the newer FLY APP regardless -or at least let us have the option to use GO 4 with it! My M3 is arriving today and I'm excited about it but with a bit of sadness, I don't mind waiting for a firmware update like the one coming in JAN, 2022 but unfortunately without any mentions about waypoints in it, I would like to be reassured. I hope DJI will reconsider this after hearing many customer are unhappy about it, after all this is a very useful feature that clearly many are using. I appreciate the simplicity on the new FLY APP, less busy interface, less convoluted and less menu digging to find options, but I believe they don't have to sacrifice functionality over simplicity on a product that costs this much and it's also replacing their flagship.

Don't get me started with the look and fell of the standard controller, they could at least matched the color with the aircraft? I was expecting some sort of LCD screen with some telemetry, at least a tiny one? as every other RC with the Mavic Pro lineup, leave alone C1 & C2 buttons no longer available in favor of the FN button, no wheel for EV adjustments? but I guess DJI slapped the same RC from Mini 2 to save money -the solution? buy the new and improved Smart Controller v2 which is now 300 dollars higher than its predecessor. LoL I do like however the fact that I'm not going to be fighting with my cell phone trying to fit the foldable clamps and aligning the connector with the charging port that required me to remove the phone case, what a nightmare that was. I never handled this new remote design, I hope it won't feel cheap on the hands and the fixed antenna / holder combo to be as reliable as the Mavic 2 normal adjusting antennas in the reception / range department.

The remote won’t feel cheap, but it also won’t match up in tech or tech specs to fly new M3. Thats a pity, the extra telemetry screen was really useful and one many used .

I don’t see DJI implementing waypoints and it seems it’s something that never interested them, when the implemented in M2P they never really followed up on improving this feature. Companies like litchi are chomping at the bit to get dji to offer up SDK to allow them to supply their great app for waypoints and for very low price the serve up a great app.

Good luck and enjoy your new M3 .
2021-11-14
Use props
FRCornelis
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-14 03:57
The remote won’t feel cheap, but it also won’t match up in tech or tech specs to fly new M3. Thats a pity, the extra telemetry screen was really useful and one many used .

I don’t see DJI implementing waypoints and it seems it’s something that never interested them, when the implemented in M2P they never really followed up on improving this feature. Companies like litchi are chomping at the bit to get dji to offer up SDK to allow them to supply their great app for waypoints and for very low price the serve up a great app.

Thank you Hallmark007, it’s a beautiful aircraft and it flies like a dream with amazing picture quality. There is no doubt about it.
2021-11-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules