2884 10 2021-11-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans2963e372
lvl.2
Flight distance : 70348 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi all, just got the Air2s today and the Fly app won't connect! I know the controller is paired with the drone since it moves the gimbal. I've tried it on an iPad and iPhone, tried swapping the cable, no luck. I have a Mini 2 that has no problems connecting in the fly app. Also tried reinstalling the app and re-pairing the remote with the drone with I don't know how many times. Is there some setting in the app I need to look at here or something? Thanks for any info! I dread having to send anything back to DJI so hopefully it's something simple I'm overlooking.
2021-11-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please confirm what specific mobile device are you using? In addition, kindly please uninstall and reinstall the app using the link below and make sure to download the latest version. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
2021-11-12
Use props
fans2963e372
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Hi. Thanks for the reply. The phone is an iPhone 7+ on iOS 15.1, Fly app is the latest version. Since it's the latest iOS I can't install the previous version of the Fly app.  Is the phone the problem? It does work for the Mini2 with no problems. Have there been other reports of the Air2s not working in the latest version of the Fly app on an iPhone 7+ running iOS 15.1? I see that the iPhone 7+ isn't on the list of "recommended" devices so it might be time for a phone upgrade...
2021-11-13
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is it (the phone/app) connecting to the RC or the drone not connecting to the RC? A screenshot of what you are looking at might help  
First off, Forget all that pairing with the drone, and even if the drone is on...You should have some sort of screen showing that either the RC isn't connected to the phone or that the RC isn't connected to the drone.

Which is it? Does it ( the phone screen) show the Fly app at all or what?
2021-11-13
Use props
fans2963e372
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

jmb63 Posted at 11-13 06:14
Is it (the phone/app) connecting to the RC or the drone not connecting to the RC? A screenshot of what you are looking at might help  
First off, Forget all that pairing with the drone, and even if the drone is on...You should have some sort of screen showing that either the RC isn't connected to the phone or that the RC isn't connected to the drone.

Hi, yes the app opens and the menus work, it just has "RC not connected".  The app does the same thing it does if you just open the app with no drone or remote even connected or turned on. The phone is just not detecting the RC. The app is installed ok since it works fine with the Mini2 on the same phone. I did try reinstalling it anyway. I also tried the connector dongle from the Mini2 so it's not the connector. When I connect the Mini2 and power on the remote, the phone does a quick vibrate and the red "RC not connected" changes to "Aircraft not connected" as it should.  This does not happen with the Air2S. Anyway, I'm going to get a new phone, it was time to upgrade anyway, hopefully that resolves this issue. I will post here with what happens. Thanks for the response.
2021-11-13
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans2963e372 Posted at 11-13 08:14
Hi, yes the app opens and the menus work, it just has "RC not connected".  The app does the same thing it does if you just open the app with no drone or remote even connected or turned on. The phone is just not detecting the RC. The app is installed ok since it works fine with the Mini2 on the same phone. I did try reinstalling it anyway. I also tried the connector dongle from the Mini2 so it's not the connector. When I connect the Mini2 and power on the remote, the phone does a quick vibrate and the red "RC not connected" changes to "Aircraft not connected" as it should.  This does not happen with the Air2S. Anyway, I'm going to get a new phone, it was time to upgrade anyway, hopefully that resolves this issue. I will post here with what happens. Thanks for the response.

Just a quick and hopefully stupid question, you are using the correct port on the top of the remote to attach the cable? One is the "active" UsB C and the other (right next to it) is just a blank to stuff the other end of the cable into for storage...
Honestly, the remotes for the Mini 2 and the Air2S are the same. So if the phone/app does work with the Mini 2's remote it should work on the AIr2S remote. The Mini 2 remote should pair with the Air2S so if you have that remote working try updating it's firmware and see if it will pair to the Air2S? It might need to be updated though and that would be done through a computer and the DJI assistant app...
2021-11-14
Use props
fans2963e372
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

jmb63 Posted at 11-14 03:05
Just a quick and hopefully stupid question, you are using the correct port on the top of the remote to attach the cable? One is the "active" UsB C and the other (right next to it) is just a blank to stuff the other end of the cable into for storage...
Honestly, the remotes for the Mini 2 and the Air2S are the same. So if the phone/app does work with the Mini 2's remote it should work on the AIr2S remote. The Mini 2 remote should pair with the Air2S so if you have that remote working try updating it's firmware and see if it will pair to the Air2S? It might need to be updated though and that would be done through a computer and the DJI assistant app...

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried pairing the mini remote to the air2 but it wouldn't pair. It did run a firmware update but nothing changed. I also updated the firmware on the air2. And yes it is the correct port! I could see how someone could mess that up though. I'm sick of messing around with this, will see what happens once the phone gets here. Thanks again!
2021-11-14
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans2963e372 Posted at 11-14 08:25
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried pairing the mini remote to the air2 but it wouldn't pair. It did run a firmware update but nothing changed. I also updated the firmware on the air2. And yes it is the correct port! I could see how someone could mess that up though. I'm sick of messing around with this, will see what happens once the phone gets here. Thanks again!

You are welcome.

Plz, update when you get the results.
Also, you mentioned Mini 2 in the original post but just mentioned Mini in this last reply...typo? ...Those are completely different remotes
2021-11-15
Use props
fans2963e372
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

jmb63 Posted at 11-15 05:55
You are welcome.

Plz, update when you get the results.

Yes typo! It is a mini2.
2021-11-15
Use props
fans2963e372
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Well no surprise but the new phone also has the same problem. Waiting now to hear back from DJI to get an RMA. Thanks for all of the responses. I was able to get the remote for the Mini2 working with the Air2s in the app so it definitely has to be the remote problem.
2021-11-16
Use props
fans2963e372
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Happy to report I Just received the replacement from DJI and everything is working fine, works on the old phone and new phone. I was already thinking about updating my phone anyway so no big deal on that.  DJI service was great in my case, I am quite impressed with the fast turnaround. I dropped it off at UPS on Sat Nov 20th and had the replacement delivered today. Anyway thanks for the input and have a good holiday to whoever reads this!
2021-11-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules