Fly v1.5.0 still not compatible.
379 4 2021-11-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
manxphoto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3797825 ft
Isle of Man

After saying that I would never again update Fly from the very stable and perfectly workable v1.4.2 I use with my Samsung Galaxy A71 phone, I was tempted to try v1.5.0 this afternoon.  In around five minutes flying the app didn't crash (an improvement on 1.4.8) however I had multiple warnings of disconnections and video downlink loss, almost every 20 seconds or so.  Flew back visually and uninstalled v1.5.0 and re-installed v1.4.2 and carried out around 20 minutes flying with no problems at all.

Before you tell me that my phone isn't on the 'Supported Devices' list and that I should but a new phone, I checked on the sales page for the Mini 2 and see that it just says under 'Required Operating System' that Android v6 or later is required.  No mention of any specific devices require on the sales page! My A71 is running Android v11 so if I was buying a new Mini 2 I would have no suspicions that the latest version of Fly is incompatible.

May I respectfully sugest that you either re-write the app to actually be compatible with any device running Android v6 or later, update the sales page to include a list saying 'latest versions of Fly will only work with the following devices', or even better, just include an option to download the last version of Fly that was actually compatible with all devices running Android v6 or later.  I'm actually very pleased with my Mini 2 and it works perfectly with v1.4.2 but it keeps wanting me to upgrade to a version that is, in my opinion, unsafe and not suitable for the task.

DJI Fly 211113.jpg
2021-11-13
Use props
MBSL500
lvl.4
United States

Awaiting the predictable:

Can I request from you the model of the said drone you were using when said issues happened?
If I may also request from you the said model of the said phone you were using at the time of said issue?
Also, were you flying your said device within the Bermuda Triangle at the time of said issue... and did you notice any unusual gravitational fluctuations?
Fly safe and thank you for your understanding and support.
2021-11-13
Use props
manxphoto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3797825 ft
Isle of Man

MBSL500 Posted at 11-13 08:57

Can I request from you the model of the said drone you were using when said issues happened?

Very good - I actually thought you were DJI responding
2021-11-13
Use props
Popeye1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 511722 ft

United Kingdom

MBSL500 Posted at 11-13 08:57

stock reply
2021-11-13
Use props
MBSL500
lvl.4
United States

manxphoto Posted at 11-13 09:01
Very good - I actually thought you were DJI responding

Naaa,
Like the rest of us I'm just doing what DJI's crack engineering team won't do.....beta test their daily FLY App versions .
2021-11-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules