Unbinding remote controller
12Next >
23441 62 2021-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
B.Pelletier
lvl.1

Canada

Hi. I'm searching information regarding the unbinding of my remotre controller. I am in the process of using Care Refresh and they ask to push off the binding function. But I cannot find details about that. Thanks in advance.

Bernie
2021-11-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Bernie, thank you for reaching out, may I know which drone do you use for better assistance?
2021-11-14
Use props
B.Pelletier
lvl.1

Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 11-14 19:49
Hi Bernie, thank you for reaching out, may I know which drone do you use for better assistance?

Hi Susan. I have a mini se. Thank you.
2021-11-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

B.Pelletier Posted at 11-14 20:03
Hi Susan. I have a mini se. Thank you.

Hi there, if you are going to use the DJI Care Refresh fly away coverage, please connect the controller to DJI Fly app, go to Profile > Device Management > Value-added Service > Aircraft Flyaway.
If you are not using the DJI Care Refresh flyaway coverage, and you need to unbind the remote controller, you can go to Device Management > Account and Device > Remove Device from Account. Please be advised that if you remove the device from your account, flyaway coverage can not be applied afterward.
You may tell me more details about your case, I would love to clarify for you.
2021-11-14
Use props
B.Pelletier
lvl.1

Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 11-14 23:55
Hi there, if you are going to use the DJI Care Refresh fly away coverage, please connect the controller to DJI Fly app, go to Profile > Device Management > Value-added Service > Aircraft Flyaway.
If you are not using the DJI Care Refresh flyaway coverage, and you need to unbind the remote controller, you can go to Device Management > Account and Device > Remove Device from Account. Please be advised that if you remove the device from your account, flyaway coverage can not be applied afterward.

Susan, despite that the aircraft is very damaged,  I can connect to. And using the app, I see that the device is not bound to an account. Same thing for the controller which is not bound to a device. Is this ok ? I think I'm now ready to register the case to the DJI Service Center.
2021-11-15
Use props
B.Pelletier
lvl.1

Canada

B.Pelletier Posted at 11-15 09:49
Susan, despite that the aircraft is very damaged,  I can connect to. And using the app, I see that the device is not bound to an account. Same thing for the controller which is not bound to a device. Is this ok ? I think I'm now ready to register the case to the DJI Service Center.

?
I imagine your answer is yes, so I will proceed
2021-11-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

B.Pelletier Posted at 11-15 09:49

Hi there, I've noticed that you had created a case number, under this situation, our corresponding team will follow up on it after receiving the package. Hope everything goes smoothly. If there is anything I can assist you with, please feel free to let us know.
2021-11-16
Use props
B.Pelletier
lvl.1

Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-16 01:43
Hi there, I've noticed that you had created a case number, under this situation, our corresponding team will follow up on it after receiving the package. Hope everything goes smoothly. If there is anything I can assist you with, please feel free to let us know.

Thank you.
2021-11-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

You're welcome.
2021-11-16
Use props
djiuser_ktPsx0RE7pBd
New

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2021-11-14 19:49

I’m having the same problem
2022-4-22
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_ktPsx0RE7pBd Posted at 4-22 23:04
I’m having the same problem

Hi, there. May we double confirm which DJI drone you are using before you try this method? If the drone supports DJI FLY, you may refer to what DJI Susan said at #4 to unbind the account to the remote controller.
2022-4-23
Use props
djiuser_GkgeTxJSO6bJ
New

Australia

Yrying to unbind but There is no option to unbind on my controller just says bound to and already bound to another account
2022-5-20
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_GkgeTxJSO6bJ Posted at 5-20 03:06
Yrying to unbind but There is no option to unbind on my controller just says bound to and already bound to another account

Hi, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we know more details? Is this remote controller bought from another user?
2022-5-20
Use props
djiuser_TBA2ixxwMttR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 31345 ft

United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 5-20 03:34
Hi, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we know more details? Is this remote controller bought from another user?

I am also interested in procedure to unbind controller from original owner. I have rc pro remote with mavic3
When I log in on remote it says “already bound to another account”
2022-6-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

djiuser_TBA2ixxwMttR Posted at 6-5 04:32
I am also interested in procedure to unbind controller from original owner. I have rc pro remote with mavic3
When I log in on remote it says “already bound to another account”

Hi, there. Thanks for reaching us. Please note that for this situation, you are advised to contact the original owner to unbind the account. Thank you.
2022-6-6
Use props
djiuser_TBA2ixxwMttR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 31345 ft

United States

DJI Thor Posted at 6-6 02:35
Hi, there. Thanks for reaching us. Please note that for this situation, you are advised to contact the original owner to unbind the account. Thank you.

I am in contact with original owner. But item were shipped to me, original owner is unsure of procedure and so am I. Which I why I would like to know exact procedure so I can relay info to him and proceed to unbind.
It has to be done with rc pro remote I am guessing , original owner needs to log in on remote with info and then the option to unbind will be there? but would like to know please exactly..
2022-6-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_TBA2ixxwMttR Posted at 6-6 10:44
I am in contact with original owner. But item were shipped to me, original owner is unsure of procedure and so am I. Which I why I would like to know exact procedure so I can relay info to him and proceed to unbind.
It has to be done with rc pro remote I am guessing , original owner needs to log in on remote with info and then the option to unbind will be there? but would like to know please exactly..

To remove the aircraft from the account, there is no need to connect the aircraft. But only the bound account can operate this function.
The path: Profile>Device Management>Account and Device>Remove device from account
2022-6-6
Use props
djiuser_kmdEXu5y474r
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2382 ft
Philippines

How do I remove email address from account, I purchase a DJI Air 2S about a month ago, as I was going through it already had a account bound to my drone, how do I change this to my email.
2022-6-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_kmdEXu5y474r Posted at 6-23 14:37
How do I remove email address from account, I purchase a DJI Air 2S about a month ago, as I was going through it already had a account bound to my drone, how do I change this to my email.

Hi, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we know if the account that the drone is bound to is your own account or not?
2022-6-24
Use props
djiuser_kmdEXu5y474r
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 6-24 03:50
Hi, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we know if the account that the drone is bound to is your own account or not?
DJI AIr 2s, the account belongs to my daughter boyfriend email, he had the dji fly on his phone so he set up drone on his phone, is there any possible way to remove his email, and add my account, by i am located in Philippines and he is in Oklahoma
2022-7-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_kmdEXu5y474r Posted at 7-2 20:26
DJI AIr 2s, the account belongs to my daughter boyfriend email, he had the dji fly on his phone so he set up drone on his phone, is there any possible way to remove his email, and add my account, by i am located in Philippines and he is in Oklahoma

Hello, it is required to associate an account and log in with the DJI Fly app. Go to “Profile” - “Device Management” to unbind or change the account.
2022-7-2
Use props
djiuser_kmdEXu5y474r
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-2 22:41
Hello, it is required to associate an account and log in with the DJI Fly app. Go to “Profile” - “Device Management” to unbind or change the account.

I tried to unbind but it still bound to daughters boyfriend email, i even logout of his email, then i login with my email, and it still revert back to his help
2022-7-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_kmdEXu5y474r Posted at 7-4 19:12
I tried to unbind but it still bound to daughters boyfriend email, i even logout of his email, then i login with my email, and it still revert back to his help

You need to log into the DJI Account of your daughter's boyfriend first. And then enter "Profile" to unbind the account.

2022-7-4
Use props
djiuser_kmdEXu5y474r
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 7-4 20:12
You need to log into the DJI Account of your daughter's boyfriend first. And then enter "Profile" to unbind the account.

[view_image]

This are 2 errors i got after update V 1.6.8
20220706_074617.jpg
Screenshot_20220705-104711.jpg
2022-7-5
Use props
djiuser_kmdEXu5y474r
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 7-4 20:12

[view_image]

Thanks Thor
2022-7-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_kmdEXu5y474r Posted at 7-5 15:54
This are 2 errors i got after update V 1.6.8

Please try to connect the drone to DJI Assistant 2 to perform vision calibration. Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/ca/air-2s/downloads
2022-7-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

You are most welcome.
2022-7-5
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_0aWvECocju19 Posted at 9-20 08:46
I returned my dji mini 2 and just found out that I need to unbind it after I already shipped the device back. Is there anyway I can unbind the mini 2 without having the drone and remote with me?

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we know where did you return to? You can also unbind the account without drone and mode following this path: DJI FLY APP- Profile- Device Management.
2022-9-20
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_7UqOa3XrbNlj Posted at 10-22 11:41
Good morning
I have a question for the support regarding whether it is possible to remove the drone from the DJI Fly account?

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. You are advised to contact our support for help. Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/support?from=store_footer
2022-10-22
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_7UqOa3XrbNlj Posted at 10-22 21:42
But there's a chance they'll help me in this case?
And on this number Hotline service +49 (0) 9771-906 990 (from all over Europe)
Someone will speak Polish, I must admit that I do not know English and German.

Please do not worry. We also offer email support. Email address: support@dji.com
We believe our support will try our best to help you.
2022-10-22
Use props
djiuser_IPQQSJbJilcG
New

Puerto Rico

DJI Susan Posted at 2021-11-14 23:55

Hi Susan!
Thank you for your help. I have a DJI manic 3 and bought it with a regular remote control that uses the phone. I decided to buy the DJI RC remote but when I try to bind it it says the drone is already binded to another account. What do I need to do to unbind that account and be able to bind the drone to the new remote? I'm going crazy. Thank you.
2022-10-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_IPQQSJbJilcG Posted at 10-23 06:22
Hi Susan!
Thank you for your help. I have a DJI manic 3 and bought it with a regular remote control that uses the phone. I decided to buy the DJI RC remote but when I try to bind it it says the drone is already binded to another account. What do I need to do to unbind that account and be able to bind the drone to the new remote? I'm going crazy. Thank you.

Hi, may I know if you are using the same DJI account for logging in to your DJI RC controller? If it is not, you can connect the Mavic 3 and the regular controller and remove the drone from your account in Device Management,
Then, you can relink the Mavic 3 to RC and then bind it again.
Please let me know if this is not the case.
2022-10-24
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_7UqOa3XrbNlj Posted at 10-23 04:54
Thanks for such a quick reply, but after four days, the seller contacted us today and removed the drone from his account.

We are glad to hear this good news. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
2022-10-24
Use props
fans1dbb0e7a
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi DJI
I have just purchased a Mavic 3 from Ebay the owner has never used it or changed to his email so has the original owner email bound to it, I have all the purchase receipts from original owner, can he unbind it or can you help me to do it if i send you receipts?
2022-12-13
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

fans1dbb0e7a Posted at 12-13 04:09
Hi DJI
I have just purchased a Mavic 3 from Ebay the owner has never used it or changed to his email so has the original owner email bound to it, I have all the purchase receipts from original owner, can he unbind it or can you help me to do it if i send you receipts?

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we know whether the original owner has bound his account before or do you want to know if he has ever bound the account before?
2022-12-13
Use props
djiuser_u5lsu4os4UBr
lvl.1
United States

Hello DJI.

I bought a Mavic 3 from someone who was tasked from selling it for their company (a large media company who bought for a photo shoot but did not use it).  It is literally brand new - only 9 days old. They have already expended significant effort post-sale to find out who registered it so they can unbind it - with no success.

I opened a DJI support case. DJI sent an email to the registered email, but they did not respond.

I have all the (extensive) communications from the company regarding the sale of the drone as well as their good faith attempts to locate the registered user. I am unable to use my RC controller nor can I obtain Care Refresh because of this.  

What can be done to forcefully bind the drone to my account? As you can see from the attached pic, the drone hasn’t even flown further than 60 feet and for no more than 2 mins!! DJI *must* have some other way to resolve this under these circumstances??
2022-12-13
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_u5lsu4os4UBr Posted at 12-13 22:54
Hello DJI.

I bought a Mavic 3 from someone who was tasked from selling it for their company (a large media company who bought for a photo shoot but did not use it).  It is literally brand new - only 9 days old. They have already expended significant effort post-sale to find out who registered it so they can unbind it - with no success.

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. We can not unilaterally unbind the account from devices. Please contact the original owner to unbind it remotely. We saw that you have contact our support. We believe support has been explained it to you in the email, too. Your understanding is highly appreciated.
2022-12-14
Use props
djiuser_u5lsu4os4UBr
lvl.1
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 12-14 02:51
Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. We can not unilaterally unbind the account from devices. Please contact the original owner to unbind it remotely. We saw that you have contact our support. We believe support has been explained it to you in the email, too. Your understanding is highly appreciated.

I have been in direct contact with the seller already.  He was selling it on behalf of the production company.  Someone at the production company bound the drone to their personal DJI account - and they are unable to locate the person that did so with the partial email address shown in the device management.  They have basically emailed the whole production company to locate the registered account but were not successful.  

As you saw from the attachment, the drone was bound for less than 3 minutes and only flown a total of 17m during that time.  Someone "unboxed" the drone and bound it and they do not know who did it.  

This is not a matter of "contacting the seller," especially when it's a production company and they don't know who "got their hands on the drone" right at the onset.  This is a HUGE problem when DJI prevents the actual owners from unbinding a drone that they bought - to say nothing of when that company turns around and sells the BRAND NEW drone.  There is no DJI Care Refresh active.  They cannot locate the person who did it.  There is no reason for DJI to cripple a brand new drone simply because someone "got their hands on it."  Its ludicrous - so NO, I do not understand, despite DJI "explaining it" to me.  You (DJI) are basically claiming that YOU are the drone owner with this new system, not those who actually bought it, sell it, and possess it.

This would make for an interesting Youtube video.  People need to be made aware that DJI's entire new lineup carries a risk to their resale value for any drone from their new lineup.  That DJI has taken it upon themselves to redefine the definition of "second-hand ownership" of their drones.  In my case, when a commercial owner is unable to locate the pilot who first got their hands on it, despite a literal manhunt to locate the rogue account, you've got a real problem on your hands. An owner of a drone cannot fix this, because DJI decided that someone else "claimed" ownership.  When commercial entities learn of a risk that could prevent them from selling their drones any longer, we could end up with other entities following suit of the US military and simply banning any DJI purchases.

2022-12-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_u5lsu4os4UBr Posted at 12-14 09:29
I have been in direct contact with the seller already.  He was selling it on behalf of the production company.  Someone at the production company bound the drone to their personal DJI account - and they are unable to locate the person that did so with the partial email address shown in the device management.  They have basically emailed the whole production company to locate the registered account but were not successful.  

As you saw from the attachment, the drone was bound for less than 3 minutes and only flown a total of 17m during that time.  Someone "unboxed" the drone and bound it and they do not know who did it.  

Hope you can understand that we cannot perform binding, and therefore, we cannot change the binding or unbind a product. In order to protect our customers' legal rights and data privacy security, it is needed to perform unbinding via the associate account. Therefore, we recommend that you contact the original owner or seller for assistance in unbundling.
Since you're unable to contact the original owner, our support team is trying to contact the original owner to see if they can help. Hope you can wait for the update patiently.
Besides, please also tell us more details about the seller you mentioned such as the name, address, and contact method. We recommend that you purchase the drone from our official channel or authorized resellers. You can refer to: https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy ... ite&from=footer
2022-12-14
Use props
djiuser_MjZSx0u3Rr6N
New
Flight distance : 72146 ft

United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2022-7-4 20:12

[view_image]

Hi, I have recently purchased a used DJI mini 3 pro and cannot get in contact with the account holder to unbind their aircraft. Is it only the drone that is bound to their account or is it the DJI RC also? As i am thinking of buying another 'unbound' aircraft and using it on the controller i already have but not sure if this will work?
2023-2-14
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules