Suddenly Cant Fly (controller connects)
266 11 2021-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Eric Kelly
lvl.1

United States

Need some help crew.

Been flying fine all week.  Suddenly today I turn on my drone, it connects to the controller (solid 4 lights) but it says the controller isnt connected to my phone.   I have tried numerous cables, different phones and have reinstalled the app.    The cable from the controller to the phone connects (it begins charging the phone) but I never get the go fly option on the app.

Help??
2021-11-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Eric Kelly. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what are the models of the mobile device that you are using please? Thank you.
2021-11-14
Use props
Eric Kelly
lvl.1

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-14 19:46
Hello there Eric Kelly. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what are the models of the mobile device that you are using please? Thank you.

I have tried it on both the iphone12 max and Iphone 11.
Everyone was fine until today.  I was flying all week long.
2021-11-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Eric Kelly Posted at 11-14 19:47
I have tried it on both the iphone12 max and Iphone 11.
Everyone was fine until today.  I was flying all week long.

Hi there Eric Kelly. Thank you for the reply and for these information that you have given. Since you have done several troubleshooting steps to fix the said issue and still the issue persists. I would recommend you contact our support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We will do their best to find out the reason of the issue and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Thank you.
2021-11-16
Use props
Fly_Hazr_Air
lvl.4
Flight distance : 56588 ft
United States

"it connects to the controller (solid 4 lights)"  Which lights exactly are you referring to that indicate connection to the controller?  If the FLY App is not connected to the controller, how did you determine the strength of the RF link between the Drone and the RC?  The only "lights" I am aware of on the RC are the % of battery charge indicator?     
2021-11-17
Use props
Eric Kelly
lvl.1

United States

Fly_Hazr_Air Posted at 11-17 11:16
"it connects to the controller (solid 4 lights)"  Which lights exactly are you referring to that indicate connection to the controller?  If the FLY App is not connected to the controller, how did you determine the strength of the RF link between the Drone and the RC?  The only "lights" I am aware of on the RC are the % of battery charge indicator?

maybe I am confused.  on the controller there are 4 lights below.  They flash until the drone is powered on and they they turn solid.   This also happens with the drone.  The lights are yellow i think until they gain a connection.  
2021-11-17
Use props
Fly_Hazr_Air
lvl.4
United States

Eric Kelly Posted at 11-17 11:39
maybe I am confused.  on the controller there are 4 lights below.  They flash until the drone is powered on and they they turn solid.   This also happens with the drone.  The lights are yellow i think until they gain a connection.

I agree that the RC lights will flash, but the the number of lights illuminated is based on RC battery percentage, not strength of RF signal between drone and RC.  A simple proof of this would be to let the battery in the RC drop below to only 2 lights.  Then power both the RC and the drone on (even without smart device, not needed for a simple comm check).  The battery lights on the RC will still flash as you had mentioned until comm is established, but will only illuminate to the level the battery in the RC is currently at.   An easy way to tell if you have good comm without the FLY App running is to wait till the drone finishes its power on self test, then move the gimble up and down using the wheel on the RC, you should see movement of the camera.  Using a simple non flying test like that still confirms good comm.
RC_IPB.PNG              Lights indicator.PNG
2021-11-17
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

Have you by chance "updated" anything?
2021-11-17
Use props
Eric Kelly
lvl.1

United States

Fly_Hazr_Air Posted at 11-17 13:09
I agree that the RC lights will flash, but the the number of lights illuminated is based on RC battery percentage, not strength of RF signal between drone and RC.  A simple proof of this would be to let the battery in the RC drop below to only 2 lights.  Then power both the RC and the drone on (even without smart device, not needed for a simple comm check).  The battery lights on the RC will still flash as you had mentioned until comm is established, but will only illuminate to the level the battery in the RC is currently at.   An easy way to tell if you have good comm without the FLY App running is to wait till the drone finishes its power on self test, then move the gimble up and down using the wheel on the RC, you should see movement of the camera.  Using a simple non flying test like that still confirms good comm.
[view_image]             [view_image]

I never stated the number of lights, just that they stopped flashing and went solid when connected to the drone.
2021-11-17
Use props
Eric Kelly
lvl.1

United States

Flycaster Posted at 11-17 13:17
Have you by chance "updated" anything?

Yup.   All updated.  I even checked with DJI Assistant 2
2021-11-17
Use props
Eric Kelly
lvl.1

United States

Fly_Hazr_Air Posted at 11-17 13:09
I agree that the RC lights will flash, but the the number of lights illuminated is based on RC battery percentage, not strength of RF signal between drone and RC.  A simple proof of this would be to let the battery in the RC drop below to only 2 lights.  Then power both the RC and the drone on (even without smart device, not needed for a simple comm check).  The battery lights on the RC will still flash as you had mentioned until comm is established, but will only illuminate to the level the battery in the RC is currently at.   An easy way to tell if you have good comm without the FLY App running is to wait till the drone finishes its power on self test, then move the gimble up and down using the wheel on the RC, you should see movement of the camera.  Using a simple non flying test like that still confirms good comm.
[view_image]             [view_image]

Just tried your comm test and it worked.  I could move the gimbal.   Still no connection with phone
2021-11-17
Use props
Fly_Hazr_Air
lvl.4
United States

Eric Kelly Posted at 11-17 15:16
I never stated the number of lights, just that they stopped flashing and went solid when connected to the drone.

Sorry, I misunderstood when you put in your first post "it connects to the controller (solid 4 lights)"  I thought you meant that the 4 lights was your signal strength.  Didn't mean to go down that rabbit hole then.

Cheers,
Hazr
2021-11-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules