Mystery Battery Discharge, Mini 2
336 7 2021-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Greenz8
lvl.1
United States

After having used my fairly new Mini 2 a number of times and having used the battery charging hub a few times as well, a mystery discharge of all three batteries has me baffled.  After the most recent use of one of the batteries I placed it in the hub with the others and plugged in the hub.  It cycled as usual attending primarily to the recently depleted battery.  When all three batteries showed a full charge I removed the cord allowing the hub to sit where charged.  Then,  a day or so later when attempting to use one of the batteries, the drone would not come on.  I tried another battery with the same response.  All three batteries were completely discharged.  I have since recharged all three and all three are holding thier charge now for three days.  Any idea what may have caused this apparent anomaly?  The only a couple of other factors that don't likely appear to pertain.  The hub was sitting atop a wireless printer that was not powered on.  And, after removing the charging cable from the hub, the unplugged end my have rested against the outside of the hub not close, however, to the connection.  Puzzled.
2021-11-15
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

The batteries automatically discharge after a few days down to about 65 %. That's normal because LiPos don't like to sit with a full charge. But a complete discharge is not what they're supposed to do. Don't know what caused that.
2021-11-15
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Could be a faulty charging hub.  
2021-11-16
Use props
Greenz8
lvl.1
United States

Depp Posted at 11-15 22:17
The batteries automatically discharge after a few days down to about 65 %. That's normal because LiPos don't like to sit with a full charge. But a complete discharge is not what they're supposed to do. Don't know what caused that.

It's a mistry
2021-11-16
Use props
Greenz8
lvl.1
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-16 03:37
Could be a faulty charging hub.

One would wonder.  Thanks.f
2021-11-16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hope you get the issue resolved.  
2021-11-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Greenz8. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try to charge the said DJI intelligent flight batteries on ce again on the said DJI charging hub to see if the said issue will still persist. If the issue persist, I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We will do there best to help and will give out the best resolution for this issue. Again I am sorry and thank you.
2021-11-18
Use props
Greenz8
lvl.1
United States

Thanks much.   Last few uses the hub and batteries are operating as intended.  Hoping that continues.  It was just weird.  I will follow your suggestion for further support if needed.
2021-11-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules