Mavic 3 vs Mavic 3 Cine for Architecture Photos/Videos?
1014 4 2021-11-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rb280z
New

United States

Hi everyone,

I am currently using a Phantom 4 Pro for my business (shooting projects under construction and finished). I shoot the photos in RAW format and for video I usually create a 60 second drone flyover and use Adobe Premiere to edit it.

Questions:
- Will there be any difference in image and video quality when comparing the Mavic 3 to the Cine?
- Will there be any difference in image and video quality from the Phantom 4 Pro to the Mavic 3?
- Is it worth the extra cost to get the Cine?
2021-11-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there rb280z. Good day and thank you for reaching out. The DJI Mavic 3 comes in two versions: DJI Mavic 3 and DJI Mavic 3 Cine. Compared with the Mavic 3, DJI Mavic 3 Cine supports Apple ProRes 422 HQ encoding and comes with a built-in 1TB SSD for high-speed data storage. In addition I will post a DJI Link where in you can compare the DJI Phantom 4 Pro to the new DJI Mavic 3 ( https://www.dji.com/products/com ... ndsite&from=nav ). Thank you.

2021-11-17
Use props
HerrMittmann
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2362441 ft
  • >>>
Germany

- Will there be any difference in image and video quality when comparing the Mavic 3 to the Cine?
You can get great results out of the "regular" Mavic 3, especially if you were mostly satisfied with your Phantom footage before.

Of course ProRes (Cine) has some further advantages, but for your line of work, you don't really need it.

And Photos are the same anyways.

- Will there be any difference in image and video quality from the Phantom 4 Pro to the Mavic 3?
Yes. The Mavic 3 has the better and bigger sensor. This leads for example to less noise in dark areas.

- Is it worth the extra cost to get the Cine?
No. Like I said above: You can already do great things with the "regular" one. Everything above is basically just the cherry on top. But a very expensive cherry. And a cherry, which eats up a lot of storage space. So you will probably have to buy additional, quite big hard drives for your archives.

Bonus-Tipp:
Don't buy the Fly More Combo.
The new bag is terrible to use since it's a "multipurpose bag" that can also be used as a backpack, as well. So there is all this extra textile you probably will never use. Safe those ~250$ and buy a good camera bag on your own.

Instead buy this:
Mavic 3
+ 1 extra battery
+ Charging station
+ ND Filterset
+ RC Pro

This is way cheaper than the Cine Combo.
The regular Controller is garbage, and they kinda want to force you to buy the RC Pro anyways.
And since the Flight Time is so great now, you don't necessarily need a third battery. It's great to have 3, yes. But we're talking about more than 1 1/2h flight time here. So, if you want to save some money, 2 batteries = +1h flight time is still awesome.

Bonus-Tipp 2:
Don't buy, yet.

Most of the features are still missing. The new Fly App needs some work. You will at least have to wait until January for some Updates. So you will probably rely on your old drone until then.

Better wait until the product is complete and everything runs smoothly.

2021-11-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

For photography there is no difference between the Mavic 3 and the Cine.
2021-11-18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

HerrMittmann Posted at 11-17 23:11
You can get great results out of the "regular" Mavic 3, especially if you were mostly satisfied with your Phantom footage before.

Well said.    Definitely agree with you on this.  
2021-11-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules