o(^-^)o
Runningman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2540919 ft
United Kingdom

hello dji i have upper vision sensor error code 180043
can you help thanks

dji air 2s s/n 3YTSJ5C0030UTW
drone has had 2 flights since new! updated  and now this is stuck permently with error code
257609600_586691765893202_6518948864287144883_n.jpg
v2.PNG
2021-11-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Runningman. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Fly application on your mobile device to see if the issue persists? If you still receive the error message, kindly please download the DJI Assistant 2 software and update/refresh the firmware of the said DJI drone then calibrate the vision sensor. If the issue still persist after these steps, I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We will do there best to help and will give out the best resolution for this issue. Thank you.
2021-11-18
Use props
Helios56
lvl.1
Flight distance : 235417 ft
United States

But this didn't stop me from flying. It was a great day in New Eng.

I had that same issue myself with a 20 minute flight over the Cape. I've never seen this before.
2021-11-20
Use props
djiuser_oMLSOxK59uZi
New
Flight distance : 597 ft
United Kingdom

Helios56 Posted at 11-20 15:21
I had that same issue myself with a 20 minute flight over the Cape. I've never seen this before.

For me this problem is always on never hard landed ext this drone was bought new sealed  from a third party seller it so i dont have the original invoice ive tried to contact him i think the drone has 6 months warranty left i dont know what to do
2021-11-20
Use props
djiuser_oMLSOxK59uZi
New
Flight distance : 597 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-18 19:34
Hello there Runningman. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Fly application on your mobile device to see if the issue persists? If you still receive the error message, kindly please download the DJI Assistant 2 software and update/refresh the firmware of the said DJI drone then calibrate the vision sensor. If the issue still persist after these steps, I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We will do there best to help and will give out the best resolution for this issue. Thank you.

Hello i have done what you have said refreshed firmware via assistant  the problem still persists black screen on upper left viison sensor camera
Is this a hardware fault csn you help me with what to do now thanks
2021-11-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

djiuser_oMLSOxK59uZi Posted at 11-20 15:33
Hello i have done what you have said refreshed firmware via assistant  the problem still persists black screen on upper left viison sensor camera
Is this a hardware fault csn you help me with what to do now thanks

Hi there. Thank you for the reply and for these information that you have given. Since you are still having this issue after doing the process. I would recommend you contact our support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We will do their best to find out the reason of the issue and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Thank you.
2021-11-22
Use props
djiuser_QcTaXcMw2cID
New
Mexico

I was flying my drone inside a small area and accidentally crashed it, and appeared the same “upper vision sensor error”, and I can actually keep flying the drone, but cannot have full control of the vision camera because it points Up. What can I do?
2021-12-26
Use props
Joao8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20213 ft
Portugal

Hii
That trouble was solved?
I have now the same problem:  dji i have upper vision sensor error
Updated firmware. Updated DJI Fly and reinstalled last version. Tryed to calibrate sensors. The Right sensor is completely black I saw.
The error message still there.
I got Care refresh and my Air 2S is under warranty.
What should I do now ? Any help , please?
2022-4-9
Use props
Ali Alameli
New

Sweden

Hi i have the exact same problem, just got my drone back from repair and have that same message "upward vision sensor error, contact dji support". The sensors are not even scratched so im not sure what kind of problem this is. But whatever it is i really dont want to go through the hussle of sending it back and wait for another repair :/ its barely a week since i got it back
2022-7-9
Use props
djiuser_A2aNQDNOvLsO
New

Norway

I have just got the same issue, bit I have error messages on two forward and two upward with the codes 180043, 180018, 180044 and 180019. I had a crash and broke two motorarms that I have changed. The drone flyes fine, but I’ve got this errors on the screen. I tried to calibrate the sensores, but there was no red and green boxes on the computorscreen…
I live in Norway and do not know were to get support and repairs.
2023-2-12
Use props
djiuser_A2aNQDNOvLsO
New

Norway

I have just got the same issue, bit I have error messages on two forward and two upward with the codes 180043, 180018, 180044 and 180019. I had a crash and broke two motorarms that I have changed. The drone flyes fine, but I’ve got this errors on the screen. I tried to calibrate the sensores, but there was no red and green boxes on the computorscreen…
2023-2-12
Use props
djiuser_hviJYifFWFLV
New

Indonesia

Joao8 Posted at 2022-4-9 06:59
Hii
That trouble was solved?
I have now the same problem:  dji i have upper vision sensor error

I have got the same problem since the firmware update. I did reinstall the firmware, the DJI Fly app, and recalibrate, but the problem is still there.

It's only the right upward vision sensor camera that's black on the screen when doing calibration, but with the green tick that I assume as the indication of normal or functional camera.

I wish DJI can fix it as soon as possible with the further firmware update.
2023-2-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_A2aNQDNOvLsO Posted at 2-12 14:23
I have just got the same issue, bit I have error messages on two forward and two upward with the codes 180043, 180018, 180044 and 180019. I had a crash and broke two motorarms that I have changed. The drone flyes fine, but I’ve got this errors on the screen. I tried to calibrate the sensores, but there was no red and green boxes on the computorscreen…

Hi there, we are sorry for the late reply. May I ask if this issue is resolved? If not, we recommend that you submit a through the link below and send it back for further diagnosis and repair. http://www.dji.com/support
2023-2-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_hviJYifFWFLV Posted at 2-21 22:27
I have got the same problem since the firmware update. I did reinstall the firmware, the DJI Fly app, and recalibrate, but the problem is still there.

It's only the right upward vision sensor camera that's black on the screen when doing calibration, but with the green tick that I assume as the indication of normal or functional camera.

Hi there, may I ask about the model of your drone? Is it also an Air 2S? Do you mean you can calibrate vision sensors successfully but it shows completely black on the screen? Could you please provide us with a picture or video to check it further?
2023-2-22
Use props
djiuser_hviJYifFWFLV
New

Indonesia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-22 00:43
Hi there, may I ask about the model of your drone? Is it also an Air 2S? Do you mean you can calibrate vision sensors successfully but it shows completely black on the screen? Could you please provide us with a picture or video to check it further?

Hi Mindy,

Thanks for your quick response. I appreciate it.

I have a DJI Air 2S. As I mentioned previously, its right upward vision sensor is error. I tried to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Fly app, also recalibrating the sensor. Anyway, when calibrating the upward vision sensor, the right one was black on the screen, but there was a green tick like the normal left one, as shown by the picture below.

2023-2-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

May I ask if there is any error message/code on the DJI Fly app? Did the drone crash or have a hard landing before?
2023-2-22
Use props
djiuser_hviJYifFWFLV
New

Indonesia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-22 03:02
May I ask if there is any error message/code on the DJI Fly app? Did the drone crash or have a hard landing before?

The message: Upward vision sensor error. Contact DJI Support... (Code: 180044) as shown by the attached picture.
It just crashed from very low altitude (about 50 cm or not more than 2 feet) due to hitting the desk. But, everything is okay, not even a scratch.

Thanks before for your help and kind attention.

2023-2-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_hviJYifFWFLV Posted at 2-22 06:44
The message: Upward vision sensor error. Contact DJI Support... (Code: 180044) as shown by the attached picture.
It just crashed from very low altitude (about 50 cm or not more than 2 feet) due to hitting the desk. But, everything is okay, not even a scratch.

Thanks for the information provided. In this case, you may need to submit a case through this link below and send it back for further diagnosis. http://www.dji.com/support
2023-2-23
Use props
fanse78fe666
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39252 ft
United States

I had this same issue and I searched for answers before having to contact DJI. That’s how I found this forum. I had the same error on mine. I connected my DJI Air 2s to my laptop and opened up DJI Assistant 2 and manually calibrated the device. This solved the problem and removed the error. My device works perfect now. Hope this helps.
2023-3-13
Use props
djiuser_o0McdoNOg6dk
New

Yemen

djiuser_QcTaXcMw2cID Posted at 2021-12-26 13:47
I was flying my drone inside a small area and accidentally crashed it, and appeared the same “upper vision sensor error”, and I can actually keep flying the drone, but cannot have full control of the vision camera because it points Up. What can I do?

Hello dear
What are you doing for your dron , I have like your problem
2023-5-11
Use props
djiuser_DKLShhEcfuVf
lvl.1

Kenya

I have the same problem with dji air 2s upwards vision sensor error code 180043 i have tried to callibrate with the dji assistant 2 but abear somehow dark and not callibrate  please help
2023-9-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_DKLShhEcfuVf Posted at 9-19 02:12
I have the same problem with dji air 2s upwards vision sensor error code 180043 i have tried to callibrate with the dji assistant 2 but abear somehow dark and not callibrate  please help

Hello there.  Thank you for reaching out. Can you please try the steps below and see if it will help:
1. Please check the Sensor Calibration Instructions in DJI Assistant 2. During calibration, keep the aircraft arms unfolded. Notes: Folded aircraft arms may obstruct the vision sensor, which may result in a calibration error.
2. Ensure that the monitor uses a straight-face screen. Curved screens are not supported.
3. We recommend using a monitor larger than 14 inches. If the screen is less than 14 inches, the calibration may fail.
4. Please use a soft fabric (such as a cloth for glasses) to wipe the vision sensor lens of the aircraft. Wipe it several times until the lens is clean.
5. Please set the resolution displayed on the computer to the default value recommended by the system.
6. Try to reinstall the DJI Assistant 2. Make sure you are using the correct version. For the Mini 3, it should be the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series)
7. After following the steps above, please reconnect the aircraft and the DJI Assistant 2 for reconnection and calibration.
Please keep us updated. Have a great day ahead.
2023-9-19
Use props
djiuser_axK5BSHPPfL0
New

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 9-19 03:13
Hello there.  Thank you for reaching out. Can you please try the steps below and see if it will help:
1. Please check the Sensor Calibration Instructions in DJI Assistant 2. During calibration, keep the aircraft arms unfolded. Notes: Folded aircraft arms may obstruct the vision sensor, which may result in a calibration error.
2. Ensure that the monitor uses a straight-face screen. Curved screens are not supported.

I have the same error code on my Air 2S, and the DJI Assistant 2 software will not complete a calibration.   As soon as I move the Air 2S to the next blue square it reports "camera movement" and starts the calibration over ... totally frustrating.   

Also, the Assistant 2 app asked me for my display resolution, but provided no example of the format it expected that answer to be in, ie, 1080P UHD, 4K, or horiz pixels by vertical pixels, etc.   And then once an answer is input it provides no method that I can find to try a different format / answer ... so I've no idea what answer was accepted or what the app is using for that value.
2023-9-21
Use props
djiuser_axK5BSHPPfL0
New

United States

djiuser_axK5BSHPPfL0 Posted at 9-21 06:40
I have the same error code on my Air 2S, and the DJI Assistant 2 software will not complete a calibration.   As soon as I move the Air 2S to the next blue square it reports "camera movement" and starts the calibration over ... totally frustrating.   

Also, the Assistant 2 app asked me for my display resolution, but provided no example of the format it expected that answer to be in, ie, 1080P UHD, 4K, or horiz pixels by vertical pixels, etc.   And then once an answer is input it provides no method that I can find to try a different format / answer ... so I've no idea what answer was accepted or what the app is using for that value.

Ok, I loaded the Assistant 2 app on a different computer, and when it asked for screen size i provided an answer in inches.  It is looking for a number in inches, and not centimeters, right?  Or some other unit?  Who knows - rather than provide a simple description of an example entry, or visual, we can always get on the internet, ask a question, and wait for an indefinite amount of time for an answer ... lol.   

So that seemed to work and I got thru all the calibration steps until it got to the only one I'm interested in - the upward sensor calibration, and there it stopped working.   No matter how i turn the Air 2S it doesn't detect it.   The "Right" picture is black with a green dot.   The "Left" picture shows me trying to center the view on the dots, in the direction provided by the smallest of 'helpful' diagrams in the upper left corner of the screen to get the Assistant 2 software to recognize that I'm here.   Yet another completely dissatisfying, frustrating and failed attempt at 'assistance' ...
Also, when I spoke to someone yesterday via a phone call who could not help me with my calibration issue - she said I should look for how to videos on YouTube - how did she know it would be my right upward sensor that would show black, and not the left one, or both?
2023-9-21
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

djiuser_axK5BSHPPfL0 Posted at 9-21 07:15
Ok, I loaded the Assistant 2 app on a different computer, and when it asked for screen size i provided an answer in inches.  It is looking for a number in inches, and not centimeters, right?  Or some other unit?  Who knows - rather than provide a simple description of an example entry, or visual, we can always get on the internet, ask a question, and wait for an indefinite amount of time for an answer ... lol.   

So that seemed to work and I got thru all the calibration steps until it got to the only one I'm interested in - the upward sensor calibration, and there it stopped working.   No matter how i turn the Air 2S it doesn't detect it.   The "Right" picture is black with a green dot.   The "Left" picture shows me trying to center the view on the dots, in the direction provided by the smallest of 'helpful' diagrams in the upper left corner of the screen to get the Assistant 2 software to recognize that I'm here.   Yet another completely dissatisfying, frustrating and failed attempt at 'assistance' ...

Hi there! Thank you for bringing this up, and we apologize for the trouble and any inconvenience this has caused. Could you please provide us with a short clip or photo where the calibration didn't progress? Kindly visit this link: https://support.dji.com/help/content and type "Aircraft Vision Sensor Calibration Instructions" to be guided. Please keep us posted.
2023-9-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules