Store the drone without batteries
458 5 2021-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
leomar85
lvl.1
Flight distance : 724281 ft
Argentina

Hello!, this is my firs post on this forum. First of all sorry for my english.
It has been a while that I have a question, and it's about the bateries. When we don't use the drone for a while, it is recomended to store the drone with or without batteries plugged in?.
Also, I bring the drone with me when I go to backpacking, and you can imagine in the bag the drone fits too tight, I happened once that the power button were pressed inside the bag, with the gimbal protector attached.
When I bought it it came with a battery attached, so, it is neccesary that the drone have always a battery connected or not?.

Thank you all.

Leandro
2021-11-18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

It is not necessary to keep a battery in the drone.  Just make sure you follow the instruction in the operator manual for battery levels when storing for a longer period of time.  
2021-11-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Leandro. Good day and thank you for reaching out. For additional reference the DJI Air 2S has an Auto-Discharging function to prevent the battery for swelling, the battery automatically discharges to 96% of the battery level when it is idle for one day and automatically discharges to 60% of the battery level when it is idle for 5 days. It is normal to feel moderate heat being emitted from the battery during the discharging process. For additional reference I will post a list of the intelligent flight battery safety guidelines. Thank you.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... delines_v1.0_eu.pdf
2021-11-18
Use props
dreamtuner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068376 ft
Bangladesh

It is not necessary to keep the battery attached rather the opposite. If you have space for it, It's a good practice to store the batteries separate and at recommended charge percentage with attention to the storage environment.
2021-11-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Always wise to store them separately,   but for short periods its fine to the leave the battery attached.
2021-11-19
Use props
leomar85
lvl.1
Flight distance : 724281 ft
Argentina

Thank you for your answers. Ill keep the batteries dettached.

Thanks!
2021-11-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules