Mavic 3 Battery Charging - Red light? (UPDATED)
8106 13 2021-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TeddyBear
lvl.4
Flight distance : 152044 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just received my Cine package and am trying to charge the batteries, but the charger is only giving me a red light, which the manual basically says 'check the charger/cable/reseat the batteries'. I know they ship in 'Hibernation', so do I just have to have them sit on the charger for awhile to wake them or is it something else? All three batteries are giving me the red light, even with only singles plugged into the charger.

*EDIT*
Inserted the batteries individually into the drone and plugged in the charger to the drone succeeded in waking them up, are now happily charging on the charger. (Don't remember seeing this step needed in the manual but I'm also not really awake yet )
2021-11-19
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Yes you did it right. I think it should be in the manual to charge each battery individually before charging in the hub. Glad you got it all sorted.
2021-11-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

A previous DJI drone was the same way.  Charge individually first time and then thereafter no issues charging in the hub.  
2021-11-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hello there, thank you for your update on the battery activation issue. However, I would also love to confirm that if the batteries can be charged normally via the charging hub afterward? I am concerned about your case and hope to receive your reply.
2021-11-22
Use props
RUBE
lvl.1
Flight distance : 57959 ft
Switzerland

Hi I have the same problem with a new Intelligent Battery except the battery will not charge in the drone. Instead the battery maybe flashes green three times in the drone or not at all.
2023-7-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

RUBE Posted at 7-10 03:40
Hi I have the same problem with a new Intelligent Battery except the battery will not charge in the drone. Instead the battery maybe flashes green three times in the drone or not at all.

Hi, RUBE. Can you please follow the steps below?
1. Ensure that the charging temperature range for the intelligent flight battery is within the required range;
2. Ensure that an official charging cable and power adapter are provided and that the external power supply is normal;
3. Check the battery LED status, comparing to the battery LED status to confirm if the battery protection information is triggered by abnormal charging;
4. Please replace the battery to see if the charger is working normally;
5. Please replace the charger if possible;
Please keep us posted after the abovementioned has been done. I will wait for your reply. Thank you.
2023-7-10
Use props
fans046a740d
New

Brazil

Hello, everyone,
I think I have the same problem. I tried to charge my battery in the Hub, but the red light is still on and it won't charge. I put the battery straight into the drone and tried to charge it, but no led lights came on.
2023-9-7
Use props
Steven Carolan
New

United Kingdom

I have this issue but I have no lights on the battery at all and when I do the wake process off plugging into drone and the plugging in the power lead nothing happens
2023-10-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Steven Carolan Posted at 10-8 10:50
I have this issue but I have no lights on the battery at all and when I do the wake process off plugging into drone and the plugging in the power lead nothing happens

Hi, Steven. Can you please follow the steps below?
1. Ensure that the charging temperature range for the intelligent flight battery is within the required range;
2. Ensure that an official charging cable and power adapter are provided and that the external power supply is normal;
3. Please replace the battery to see if the charger is working normally;
4. Please replace the charger if possible;
Please keep us posted after the abovementioned has been done. I will wait for your reply. Thank you.
2023-10-8
Use props
Tim Peterson5
lvl.2

United States

Visual Air Posted at 2021-11-19 13:09
Yes you did it right. I think it should be in the manual to charge each battery individually before charging in the hub. Glad you got it all sorted.

Good info,didn't  know first charge do batteries  individual  one at a time
2-18 14:46
Use props
clyde white
New

New Zealand

DJI Tony Posted at 2023-10-8 21:28
Hi, Steven. Can you please follow the steps below?

Hi Tony o got a new charging hub and still the little red light on it when I put a battery on, put onto drone overnight and also no life
2-22 09:56
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

clyde white Posted at 2-22 09:56
Hi Tony o got a new charging hub and still the little red light on it when I put a battery on, put onto drone overnight and also no life

Hi. Have you already tried removing and reinserting the batteries or unplugging and plugging in the charger?
2-24 02:50
Use props
fans1e8d0cab
New

Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 2-24 02:50
Hi. Have you already tried removing and reinserting the batteries or unplugging and plugging in the charger?

Hi, I’m having the same issue. I have tried all the mentioned steps and still DOA battery. 2 out of 3 brand new batteries won’t charge.
4-23 15:33
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans1e8d0cab Posted at 4-23 15:33
Hi, I’m having the same issue. I have tried all the mentioned steps and still DOA battery. 2 out of 3 brand new batteries won’t charge.

Hi. May I know what is the method of charging and what aircraft model? Are you using a charging hub or charging directly? Thank you.
4-23 22:22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules