MINI SE Controller Left Joystick Issue
1197 5 2021-11-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GreenGrizzly
lvl.1

United States

Hi everyone, I'm realitively new to DJI Drones, and just purchased a DJI MINI SE from Wal-Mart yesterday afternoon. I played around with it a little last night, and at first it was doing great, then about 5 minutes into my first flight, I could no longer move the drone up or down with the left joystick without also having it yaw left or right even though the joystick would be pushed all the way up or all the way down. I'm out of tutorial mode. This morning, I went to the park and tried to fly it again, and still have the same issue with the left joystick. On calibration, the right joystick works just fine, while the left joystick is out of wack. I can see on the calibration screen that it's studdering so to speak when I push it up or down. It will take a few tries and when it does it shoots back and forth between 100% and 25% when fully pushed up or down. It will also show the left and right movement on the left joystick at 100% frequently when I push it all the way up or down. Clearly something is wrong, hopefully a firmware issue that can be solved without me needing to send it in to DJI, because in that case I'll just be returning it to walmart to get a new one. Thanks all.

2021-11-20
Use props
GreenGrizzly
lvl.1

United States

Anyone? It’s still happening
2021-11-26
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

GreenGrizzly Posted at 11-26 10:49
Anyone? It’s still happening

Firmware update does not help....your RC is broken...so imo  warranty claim.

cheers
JJB
2021-11-26
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Take it back to Walmart?
2021-11-26
Use props
GreenGrizzly
lvl.1

United States

JJB* Posted at 11-26 11:15
Firmware update does not help....your RC is broken...so imo  warranty claim.

cheers

Hey, thanks for the response. The controller still functions enough to make it useable for the video project I need it for, but not well. All the walmarts near me are out of stock of it (black friday of course) and only offer a refund. I know there are used mini controllers on ebay from people who’ve supposedly lost their drone and just selling the controller. If I got one of those and kept the original controller, would I be able to use the ebay one? I’d rather not have to deal with warranty claims and being out of a drone for two weeks or more.
2021-11-26
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Be wary and ensure a second hand controller is not "BOUND" to it's old drone, or perhaps the original owners DJI account, under either or both the fly away coverage or care refresh.
I haven't had any problems with 2nd hand controllers for the mini 2 (I bought a scrapper and a good one) but I think others have.
This "binding" is something over and above linking a controller and a drone for control purposes.
2021-11-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules