DJI Mini 2 Black screen after phone OS update
4004 23 2021-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Edwin T
lvl.4
Flight distance : 567375 ft
Malaysia

Anyone here having the same issues for black screen in Fly apps but no issues with the drone itself ?

Currently I'm using S21 Ultra, works fine before the android update. After update the newest android OS or UI 4, the screen in fly apps gone black, but the drone itself still able to take picture and video nicely, no black image was found in the drone. Only the apps, everytime I turn it on it remains black, all the indicators works fine such as battery percentage, the exposure and sorts, it still remain the same. I hope this can be solve asap. Its not convenience if its stay like this for too long. Screenshot_20211121-141341.png
2021-11-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

None of the apps support Android 12 yet.
2021-11-21
Use props
Edwin T
lvl.4
Malaysia

DAFlys Posted at 11-21 01:11

Hmmm, alright, then I suppose will have to wait for the next update or release. .
2021-11-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Edwin T Posted at 11-21 01:17
Hmmm, alright, then I suppose will have to wait for the next update or release. .

Or roll back to Android 11.
2021-11-21
Use props
Edwin T
lvl.4
Malaysia

DAFlys Posted at 11-21 01:30
Or roll back to Android 11.

Well I'm stuck on 12 OS, if it can roll back, definitely I will roll it back.
2021-11-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The Android 12 beta version is being continuously updated. We are working on the compatibility with Android 12 and will continue to optimize in subsequent releases. it is recommended that you use DJI products with Android 11. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2021-11-21
Use props
Edwin T
lvl.4
Malaysia

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-21 03:31
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The Android 12 beta version is being continuously updated. We are working on the compatibility with Android 12 and will continue to optimize in subsequent releases. it is recommended that you use DJI products with Android 11. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Oh I see, no problem, thanks for the info
2021-11-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-21 03:31
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The Android 12 beta version is being continuously updated. We are working on the compatibility with Android 12 and will continue to optimize in subsequent releases. it is recommended that you use DJI products with Android 11. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Good to know that DJI is working to make Fly App compatible with Android 12 on more mobile devices.  
2021-11-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Edwin T Posted at 11-21 04:02
Oh I see, no problem, thanks for the info

Thank your kind and understanding. Have a good one!
2021-11-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-21 04:28
Good to know that DJI is working to make Fly App compatible with Android 12 on more mobile devices.

Rest assured that we will keep you posted once we have the latest information, DowntownRDB. Thank you for your valued support.
2021-11-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-22 02:20
Rest assured that we will keep you posted once we have the latest information, DowntownRDB. Thank you for your valued support.

You're very welcome.  Hope you have a great week.
2021-11-23
Use props
Pinarek
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41191 ft

Germany

I would advise you to switch to a secure OS from Apple, iOS and away
from Android, you see, ONLY problems with Android!
2021-11-24
Use props
Edwin T
lvl.4
Malaysia

Pinarek Posted at 11-24 06:34
I would advise you to switch to a secure OS from Apple, iOS and away
from Android, you see, ONLY problems with Android!

For me, it's not necessary to switch to any phones or IOS or what so ever supported phones to use the drones because I'm not in urgent on using it anyway, my friend.

Besides, neither IOS or Android, as long as something came out newer than the supported firmware of DJI. In the end will have to wait out for DJI to release firmware update for it.

I doubt that it won't take too long.
2021-11-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-23 05:04
You're very welcome.  Hope you have a great week.

You too, DowntownRDB. Take care always!
2021-11-28
Use props
djiuser_fwawgAIt9CLE
New

Sweden

DJI Paladin Posted at 2021-11-21 03:31
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The Android 12 beta version is being continuously updated. We are working on the compatibility with Android 12 and will continue to optimize in subsequent releases. it is recommended that you use DJI products with Android 11. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Thank you.
2022-5-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

You are most welcome. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Cheers!
2022-5-7
Use props
SpitfireJon
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I have the same issue. I can't tell how I'm supposed to resolve this from the replies? Am I just supposed to wait until DJI update the software to be compatible? I can't use my expensive drone - this is crazy!
2022-5-25
Use props
Edwin T
lvl.4
Malaysia

SpitfireJon Posted at 5-25 07:21
I have the same issue. I can't tell how I'm supposed to resolve this from the replies? Am I just supposed to wait until DJI update the software to be compatible? I can't use my expensive drone - this is crazy!

It's probably the issues in OS incompatible or your still using the older version fly apps.
May check the download page OS and see if your phone was listed there compatible.

If its compatible, can try uninstall the fly apps then go to the link I've shared or DJI official download forum and download the newer fly apps. Before you do this, make sure all your content in the fly apps were saved somewhere your PC pal.  

Here's the download link for the latest flyapps.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=254586
2022-5-25
Use props
DAYTONA392
lvl.4
Flight distance : 131942 ft
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2021-11-21 01:11
Ive seen you say that a couple of times now..but thats not true. I have a Samsung Galaxy S20 ultra running Android 12. I have no black screen and the fly app (v1.5.10-1070) gives me no issues. So to say the fly app doesnt support Android 12 isnt correct. Its most likey the issues are people running older versions as it seems downloading and installing the latest version is difficult for some (since its NOT on Google Play).
2022-5-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAYTONA392 Posted at 5-25 20:21
Ive seen you say that a couple of times now..but thats not true. I have a Samsung Galaxy S20 ultra running Android 12. I have no black screen and the fly app (v1.5.10-1070) gives me no issues. So to say the fly app doesnt support Android 12 isnt correct. Its most likey the issues are people running older versions as it seems downloading and installing the latest version is difficult for some (since its NOT on Google Play).

That post was from last year.    But there are still some android 12 compatibility issues being reported here all the time.  
2022-5-25
Use props
BorisNS
New
Serbia

The problem still existing. I have S22+ (of course Android 12) and I have the same problem. Latest firmware 1.6.9 is on the dji application but still have black screen.
To whom I should address to solve this problem? To whom to complain that something is not working because of not updated software in 2022? Really sad and comical.
Anybody solved this problem? Problem is with Mavic Mini
2022-7-27
Use props
Edwin T
lvl.4
Malaysia

BorisNS Posted at 7-27 09:21
The problem still existing. I have S22+ (of course Android 12) and I have the same problem. Latest firmware 1.6.9 is on the dji application but still have black screen.
To whom I should address to solve this problem? To whom to complain that something is not working because of not updated software in 2022? Really sad and comical.
Anybody solved this problem? Problem is with Mavic Mini

Probably DJI still in the middle of beta testing the software, usually black screen can have many reasons. If many S22 user here experience the same problem, then its the software issues, pending DJI to release the update.

Just like my previous S21 Ultra, which took half year or more to release the update
2022-7-27
Use props
djiuser_o6mACAHZjrO2
New

Canada

I’ve been having issues with my dji mini 2. The live camera works normal when I use on Auto mode, but if I change to Pro (manual) is simply stays in a black screen! I’m using an Iphone 13 and thought that would be no problem! Using a new and well recommended micro sd and camera seems be working fine. I also updated my phone and the firmware recently. I don’t know what’s going on. Very upset.
2023-1-10
Use props
Edwin T
lvl.4
Malaysia

djiuser_o6mACAHZjrO2 Posted at 1-10 22:29
I’ve been having issues with my dji mini 2. The live camera works normal when I use on Auto mode, but if I change to Pro (manual) is simply stays in a black screen! I’m using an Iphone 13 and thought that would be no problem! Using a new and well recommended micro sd and camera seems be working fine. I also updated my phone and the firmware recently. I don’t know what’s going on. Very upset.

They might already release some new recently, to see if that new updates work out fine or not for Iphone
2023-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules