DJI Mini 2 - how open/view DAT LOG file?
14414 21 2021-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ldm
lvl.1

Israel

Hi,

I've retrieved the DAT log file from DJI Mini 2 drone using the DJI Assistant 2 App.

What's next? How can I retrieve the flight logs (TXT, CVS, gets files) from this DAT file?

P.S. I cannot retrieve the flight logs from my phone because it was lost.

Thanks!

2021-11-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thos logs are encrypted, but you can load them up to http://phantomhelp.com/logviewer/  or airdata.com
2021-11-23
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

How can I retrieve the flight logs (TXT, CVS, gets files) from this DAT file?
You can't get any of those from the .dat file.
They are completely different things.
2021-11-23
Use props
ldm
lvl.1

Israel

Labroides Posted at 11-23 02:04
How can I retrieve the flight logs (TXT, CVS, gets files) from this DAT file?
You can't get any of those from the .dat file.
They are completely different things.

As far as I understood, the .DAT file, which is stored in the Drone and which is accessible with the DJI Assistant 2 App, stores the flight information as well. Doesn't it?
What kind of information is stored in the .DAT in the drone?
2021-11-26
Use props
ldm
lvl.1

Israel

DAFlys Posted at 11-23 01:13
Thos logs are encrypted, but you can load them up to http://phantomhelp.com/logviewer/  or airdata.com

The .DAT file, which I retrieved from DJI MINI 2 is more than 400MB.... The http://phantomhelp.com/logviewer/ doesn't accept such huge files.
I tried to split this file into smaller pieces with the DevCon SW (into multiple smaller .DAT files) and upload them to this site... But it looks like nothing happens - the files have been uploaded but no flights were appear... like the files were empty...
Something else can I do in order to retrieve the flights information from the DAT files?
2021-11-26
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

ldm Posted at 11-26 19:48
The .DAT file, which I retrieved from DJI MINI 2 is more than 400MB.... The http://phantomhelp.com/logviewer/ doesn't accept such huge files.
I tried to split this file into smaller pieces with the DevCon SW (into multiple smaller .DAT files) and upload them to this site... But it looks like nothing happens - the files have been uploaded but no flights were appear... like the files were empty...
Something else can I do in order to retrieve the flights information from the DAT files?

The http://phantomhelp.com/logviewer/ doesn't accept such huge files.

The Phantomhelp logfile viewer doesn't read .dat files at all.
It only reads .txt files.

The .dat files contain more information, but the .txt files contain all you'd ever need for most purposes.
Some DJI drones have encrypted .dat files that can't be read anyway.
2021-11-26
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ldm Posted at 11-26 19:48

Why are you looking at the DAT files? follow the link in post #2 and follow the instructions.

Now, if you cannot find the logfiles when following the instructions in the link and that's why you think you need to use the DAT files, well, connect up to the computer and look for the logfile using the computer.

If you do not have access to a computer/laptop then ya might have problems, you could try a number of file managers and see if they will, X-plore, files by google and Total Commander are no good....

Some device manufacturers have recently hidden them due to security reasons, that's obviously a pain for us when we want to look at the logfiles.
2021-11-26
Use props
rogiervdheide
lvl.4
Liechtenstein

DAFlys Posted at 2021-11-23 01:13

That is incorrect. https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/upload/ does not accept dat files.
2-1 00:23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

rogiervdheide Posted at 2-1 00:23
That is incorrect. https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/upload/ does not accept dat files.

Depends on which file you are trying to upload.    Airdata will even sync from your DJI cloud logs to display them.
2-1 00:41
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

As you know Flightlog.txt are on a RC or mobile device.
If device is lost.....

Use new device and install FlyApp.
You will see your logs, play the video of the log, this will downlaod the flighlog.txt back on the device from the DJI server.
Use PhantomHelp.com to get a CSV from your log.

Post that link on here or sent flightlog to JJBsoftware@gmail.com for analysis.

cheers
JJB
2-1 01:09
Use props
rogiervdheide
lvl.4
Liechtenstein

JJB* Posted at 2-1 01:09
Hi,

As you know Flightlog.txt are on a RC or mobile device.

Yes you are right but only when you opted to synchronize with the DJI cloud.
2-2 08:30
Use props
rogiervdheide
lvl.4
Liechtenstein

DAFlys Posted at 2-1 00:41
Depends on which file you are trying to upload.    Airdata will even sync from your DJI cloud logs to display them.

You are not correct. It depends on the drone model. If the DAT file is encrypted, then Airdata cannot handle it.

Airdata will read out DAT files from DJI Phantom 3 Standard / 4K / Advanced / Professional / SE
DJI Phantom 4 / Advanced / Pro / Pro+ / Pro V2 / RTK, DJI Inspire 1 and Inspire 2, DJI Mavic Pro and Mavic Platinum, DJI Matrice 100, 200, 210, RTK, 600, 600 Pro, V2 (M100,M200,M210,M210, M600 and M600 Pro)
and the small DJI Spark

The following drone models encrypt their DAT files and those cannot be processed by Airdata: Mavic 2, Mavic Air, Air 2S, Mavic Mini, M300 RTK... As well as the FPV drones.
2-2 08:33
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

rogiervdheide Posted at 2-2 08:30
Yes you are right but only when you opted to synchronize with the DJI cloud.

yes, if not synced   lost for ever  ;-)
2-2 08:45
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

rogiervdheide Posted at 2-2 08:30
Yes you are right but only when you opted to synchronize with the DJI cloud.

If you want to ensure that you have a copy of the .txt flight log then copy the log from the screen device to some other memory.
2-2 10:02
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

rogiervdheide Posted at 2-2 08:33
You are not correct. It depends on the drone model. If the DAT file is encrypted, then Airdata cannot handle it.

Airdata will read out DAT files from DJI Phantom 3 Standard / 4K / Advanced / Professional / SE

Well I upload all my Mavic 2/Mini 2/Mini 3 Pro logs to airdata and it handles them fine.    They have partnered with DJI for logs and they can even pull them from the DJI cloud or use thr HDSync tool.
2-3 01:37
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 2-3 01:37
Well I upload all my Mavic 2/Mini 2/Mini 3 Pro logs to airdata and it handles them fine.    They have partnered with DJI for logs and they can even pull them from the DJI cloud or use thr HDSync tool.

Airdata can process the txt flight logs from Go, Go4 and Fly but, from memory, I have tried a few DATs from my phones and it failed.
I am pretty sure that I have not tried to process a DAT from any of my drones with Airdata.
I have processed DAT's from my Phantom 3adv/pro drones with CsvView and DatCon but I think the latter failed with the DAT's from my Mini 1 & 2 and m2p/z drones.
CsvView can process the screen device DAT's from a few fly app using drones but not the other fly app using drones.

2-3 07:51
Use props
rogiervdheide
lvl.4
Liechtenstein

DAFlys Posted at 2-3 01:37

Do you upload the files from the app (you find them in the [backcolor=rgba(249, 249, 249, 0.3)]MCDatFlightRecord folder) or do you mean the .dat files stored in the drone?Here Airdata explains from which drones they cannot process the files: https://app.airdata.com/wiki/Help/DAT

The files synced with the cloud are the ones stores by the app.
We're talking about files stored on the drone here.
2-3 13:27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 2-3 07:51
Airdata can process the txt flight logs from Go, Go4 and Fly but, from memory, I have tried a few DATs from my phones and it failed.
I am pretty sure that I have not tried to process a DAT from any of my drones with Airdata.
I have processed DAT's from my Phantom 3adv/pro drones with CsvView and DatCon but I think the latter failed with the DAT's from my Mini 1 & 2 and m2p/z drones.

They auto sync from the DJI clouds upload.  
2-4 06:35
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

rogiervdheide Posted at 2-3 13:27
Do you upload the files from the app (you find them in the MCDatFlightRecord folder) or do you mean the .dat files stored in the drone?Here Airdata explains from which drones they cannot process the files: https://app.airdata.com/wiki/Help/DAT

The files synced with the cloud are the ones stores by the app.

They auto sync from the DJI clouds upload.  
2-4 06:36
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

As far as I know the airdata sync copies or whatever the txt flight logs from DJI, I have not read of it coping the DAT flight logs from DJI. It might be quite useful if an airdata sync DID copy DATs from DJI, we might then be able to download DATs that have been deleted during sync's.

A guess would be that if an airdata sync does anything with the DATs it deletes them just as a sync with DJI does.

2-4 07:55
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 2-4 07:55
As far as I know the airdata sync copies or whatever the txt flight logs from DJI, I have not read of it coping the DAT flight logs from DJI. It might be quite useful if an airdata sync DID copy DATs from DJI, we might then be able to download DATs that have been deleted during sync's.

A guess would be that if an airdata sync does anything with the DATs it deletes them just as a sync with DJI does.

There is no" Airdata synch".
Airdata simply accesses the data that DJI have after you have  synched to DJI.
2-4 14:25
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 2-4 14:25
There is no" Airdata synch".
Airdata simply accesses the data that DJI have after you have  synched to DJI.

I am fairly sure that DAFlys understood my meaning but thank you anyway.
2-4 14:34
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules