DJI cannot assist when a drone is stolen, but...
562 2 2021-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi folks, i have read a few times on here where a user has asked if DJI can assist when their drone has been stolen and the reply has always been the same, no. Well, i have just read my Care Refresh agreement and it turns out that, at the very least, DJI should be able to disable that stolen drone, please see this part of the agreement regarding flyaways.

After a DJI Care Flyaway Aircraft Report is produced, the flyaway aircraft will be restricted from use. If the aircraft is found before paying the service fee, you can contact DJI to cancel the DJI Care Flyaway Aircraft Report, and then your product can be used normally again. If you have already paid the service fee, the ownership of your original product will be transferred to DJI as a certificate of the replacement service and the DJI Care Flyaway Aircraft Report cannot be cancelled.
2021-11-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I wish they could,   I reported the serial number of my stolen drone and they said that couldn't do anything,  but they can disable a drone thats not yet been activated.
2021-11-23
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Looking at the text in red, the can disable it if it benefits them...
2021-11-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules