Okay to power on drone at significant distance?
636 3 2021-11-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
daneast
lvl.2

United States

I'm planning on a flight to the top of a mountain where my son will have hiked to. I will land the drone at his location, and he will swap out the battery for the return flight back to me.

This will require that the drone power back up and connect to my controller a couple miles away.  Does anyone know if this will work as I intend? I just want to make sure that the intial controller / drone link up might be some low-power or short-range communication that will not work at that range.
2021-11-23
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

It should work, as long as the signals are sending/receiving oke.
But what can go wrong ? if after the battery swap it will not connect....son can put the drone in his backpack.

After taking off from that mountain, do not forget to reset HP to your position...
Cheers
JJB

2021-11-23
Use props
Popeye1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 511722 ft

United Kingdom

In theory this  Will work,  as long as you have good connection to the Drone. only way to tell is after battery swap out, if drone wont power up, he could walk down til you have connection then fly remainder of the way down.
2021-11-23
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

daneast, As long as the drone and controller can link, all should be fine.  Stay away from big metal, and other transmitters, as well as
anything physical between the two.  Best of luck.
2021-11-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules