896 6 2021-11-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gshriki
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32979 ft
United States

Hi,

Crashed my Mavic Air 2 today into a rock. Really strange as I would assume it should never fly into static objects...
Looking on the flight log it seems like the craft lost its object during an POI auto shoot, and then for some reason continued flying in the same trajectory without stoping. It hit a rock seconds later...
Anyone else experienced with such issue? I wonder if this is a known bug...

Here's the flight data:
https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/NPWRKI4CI1PHJ8O34XDV/

Any ideas?

Thanks!
2021-11-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there gshriki. I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your DJI Mavic Air 2 and thank you for reaching out. Since there was a crash that happened. It would be best to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support for assistance. We will do there best to help and give out the best resolution for this issue. Again I am sorry for this trouble and thank you.
2021-11-23
Use props
gshriki
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-23 22:24
Hello there gshriki. I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your DJI Mavic Air 2 and thank you for reaching out. Since there was a crash that happened. It would be best to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support for assistance. We will do there best to help and give out the best resolution for this issue. Again I am sorry for this trouble and thank you.

Thanks for the prompt response. Sent a note.
2021-11-23
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi gshriki,

Had a look at your flight.

Last part of the flight, activeTrack started at 22.32s, approx 20 second later Subjec lost.
Flightmode into T-mode.

Again in ActiveTrack at 22m56, craft moving in the heading ~230.
At 23m16s, in ActiveTrack mode,  craft pitched up, and shorly after that message "Distance to object below aircraft too close. POI stopped."
At the same time craft hit the rock, see the pitch and roll angles goes crazy.
So the uncontrolled moving was not there, your drone was in ActiveTrack mode at the crash.

So did you re-select the object after loosing it ?
cheers
JJB

analysis1.png
2021-11-24
Use props
gshriki
lvl.1
United States

Hi JJB.

Thank you so much for looking at it.

No. I did not select any object after the selection and starting the POI function (the one at 22m57s).

And what's also interesting is that looking on the flight log it shows that the remote sent a slide left command (23m18s) while I was not doing anything with the remote...
Am I reading the log correctly?
Any idea how can this be?

Support is telling me that the drone is out of warranty and my only option is buying a new one

Gilad

2021-11-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

gshriki Posted at 11-23 22:53
Thanks for the prompt response. Sent a note.

Hi there gshriki. You are very much welcome and it is great to know that you were able to contact our DJI Support Team. If you have any other concerns or any inquiries with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. Thank you.
2021-11-26
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

gshriki Posted at 11-25 21:58
Hi JJB.

Thank you so much for looking at it.

Hi,

at 22m51.s - ActiveTrack mode : lost subject, so in T mode.
You applied yaw right, yaw left
at 22m56.4 - ActievTrack mode again, if you did not reselect subject than it found the subject self...
at23m17.4 - impact, just before that lefy yaw input and Up input.

see my chart where the inputs are seen.  
Dotted white vertical line : moment the OA spotted an obstacle, speed reducing by pitching up. Crash shortly after that. Speed 8.7 m/s, not enough free distance to brake to zero speed.

cheers
JJB
analysis1.png
2021-11-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules